Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
sofwar's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Sep 9, 2015 1:36 PM

Help with cancelling DSL service

I need help with cancelling my DSL-only service.  I cancelled my service at the beginning of June 2015 due to a move and paid all funds due on July 21, 2015.  (I used my own modem/router and am not subject to any early termination fees.)

After numerous phone calls to customer service/final accounts over the past few months I am still being sent notices of amount due.  (Keep in mind, with each call I am told everything has been done to cancel my account in good standing.)  Yesterday I received an overdue notice with a billing date of Sep 1, 2015.  I am extremely frustrated and looking for someone who can help before this is sent through some "absurd" collections process.

I will not call customer service again only to be on the phone for 60+ minutes and have no resolution.

ms_unicorn

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

6 y ago

Hello, @sofwar!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your account hasn't been cancelled yet. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message with your contact information, the best time to reach you, and a brief summary of the issue.

You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen. In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 y ago

Unfortunately, issue still not resolved.  Service still not disconnected and I received another billing statement.

Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

6 y ago

Just a point of information, take it or leave it,  Restentions is the only department that can actually cancel your sewrvice.  (The care team overlaps into all areas of ATT so they can too, but I'm talking in general terms.)

Just so I know, as that is so not like them, did you actually send a message to the care team as advised?  That is the ONLY reaon I can think of, they would NOT help you.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 y ago

Appreciate the reply.  Yes, I got in touch with the care team (September 2015) and they were awesome!  The agent was extemely helpful.  The billing cycle following my inquiry (October 2015)  showed a credit for the period in question, but also showed new charges (service not disconnected).  At this point I really do not know what to do.  I have been on the phone with AT&T since May, as well as online.  I have received multiple confirmation numbers from agents who have cancelled/discontinued my service, but still it continues.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.