rsaso's profile

5 Messages

Wednesday, October 11th, 2023 4:53 AM

Have 128 Statics activated but they don't route

I have just purchased the 128 static ip add-on for my internet service (and please don't ask me why I have it, I have many uses for it) for $40 as of 10-Oct-2023 and so far, after assigning an public ip to a debian pc, and tracerouting it to google to test if it works, it does not route to anything whatsoever except for an ip address.

root@debian:~# traceroute google.comtraceroute to google.com (64.233.185.138), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets1  23-124-216-126.lightspeed.livnmi.sbcglobal.net (23.124.216.126)  0.407 ms  0.360 ms  0.368 ms2  * * *3  71.149.39.6 (71.149.39.6)  1.417 ms  1.438 ms  1.406 ms4  * * *5  * * *6  * * *7  * * *8  * * *9  * * *10  * * *11  * * *12  * * *13  * * *14  * * *15  * * *16  * * *17  * * *18  * * *19  * * *20  * * *21  * * *22  * * *23  * * *24  * * *25  * * *26  * * *27  * * *28  * * *29  * * *30  * * *root@debian:~#

I have spoken to at least seven (7) representatives on getting this fixed, all confirmed that statics have been activated to my account, but with this in mind, I do not see how it can be activated when an issue like this persists.

Please advise what to do, because I'm almost losing it.

5 Messages

6 months ago

No dice.

I got in contact with AT&T and they say it's a backend problem.

3 Messages

3 months ago

Having purchased the 128 static IP add-on for your internet service, it's concerning that you're encountering issues with its functionality. Understandably, you have multiple uses for such a service, making it all the more crucial to work correctly. Despite setting up a public IP on a Debian PC and conducting a traceroute to Google for testing, it's troubling that it doesn't seem to route beyond a single IP address. The fact that you've communicated with seven representatives, all of whom confirmed the activation of your static IPs, adds to the frustration. It's puzzling and irritating that you still face this issue despite the confirmed activation. This situation calls for a more thorough investigation by your service provider to resolve the underlying problem and ensure your static IPs function as expected.

2 Messages

3 months ago

After purchasing a 128 static IP add-on, you're facing routing issues, with connections not extending beyond a single address, even after proper setup on a Debian PC and traceroute tests to Google. Despite confirmation of activation from seven representatives, the persistent problem is both puzzling and frustrating. This situation necessitates a comprehensive investigation by your internet service provider to diagnose and rectify the underlying issue, ensuring that your static IPs function as intended for your varied needs.

3 Messages

3 months ago

Despite activation confirmation and proper setup, further provider investigation is needed.

Tutor

• 

406 Messages

3 months ago

What model of gateway are you using from AT&T?

How did you configure it?

5 Messages

3 months ago

BGW210

Tech Support configured it for me (settings) and all I did was assign the ip to the designated device.

Tutor

• 

406 Messages

3 months ago

> Tech Support configured it for me (settings) and all I did was assign the ip to the designated device.

That may be one of your problems.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.