A

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jun 3, 2021 1:05 PM

DSL

After paying my bill and being a customer for 3 years, my service was turned off without notice! We live in a area where there is no other option for internet and NO cell service so after driving to town to call we were put on hold for over an hour, then given a run around. After 4 days of this we ask for a supervisor and were told one would call that day. After not hearing back we called back the next day and were told that we ask to have it turned off and it would NOT be turned back on. WHICH was a LIE. ATT is the most dishonest and rude company who cares nothing for their customers. They raise the bill constantly and service gets worse when they do charge more. I did ask for the phone to be turned off because i was paying almost $50 a month for a line to get nothing but spam calls and that was not even with caller id. I said we had to keep internet because nothing else was available. And yes it is 2 separate things because it is broken up on the bill that way also and i had to sign up for them separate when i called to activate 3 years ago.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.2K Messages

Il y a 1 a

You canceled phone service, but internet was canceled as well? Doubtful it was a matter of dishonesty but more a big mistake by that agent.

Call back and when you get the voice system say "cancel" as usually retention agents are more experienced. Request a supervisor if needed, since callbacks practically don't happen. As long as there is not a past due, then reactivation should be easy. The only concern would be if you have their legacy internet service that was grandfathered. Unknown if that is something they could override to reinstate, but hopefully could as long as not let go too long.

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 1 a

They said i canceled both and said i was going to another provider. the agent did ask when i said to cancel the phone who i would be using and i said im not wanting a home phone, but just the internet. and said very clearly i needed the internet. after it was turned off and we called they said i demanded all services be cancelled. we were grandfathered in because they told us DSL was not offered anymore because it was too expensive to run and since they said we cancelled it they would not turn it back on. so now we are left with no options for communication or internet where we live we are cradled in a granite mountain a good 20 min from town.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.2K Messages

Il y a 1 a

If you already called back and spoken to a supervisor, then I would consider a BBB/FCC complaint. Not a guarantee that it will resolve in your favor, but as this goes to the corporate level it is a shot.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.