Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
soonergrl's profile

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 15th, 2022 2:38 PM

Direct TV stream and internet

I currently have Direct TV Satellite service paired with Internet 100, and since they are bundled I get unlimited data. I am looking with switch to  the Direct TV Streaming and keeping the same internet. Will I still have the unlimited data if I do this or will there be a charge?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

31K Messages

3 months ago

Since you have Internet 100, you do not currently need any video service to not have a cap.  I'm going to quote the entire thing for clarity, per https://www.att.com/support/article/my-account/KM1116099/ 

Unlimited data if you have Internet 100 or higher, or any one of these:
o The unlimited data usage add-on for $30 per month
o A combined bill for AT&T Internet and DIRECTV® or U-verse® TV for plans purchased before August 1, 2021
o DIRECTV STREAMSM with an AT&T Internet plan for plans purchased before August 1, 2021

The important words here are

if you have Internet 100 or higher, or

You can quit reading about the options; you have Internet 100 and Boolean Algebra says the rest of the equation is just noise.  Which is a good thing, because otherwise, your new service wouldn't qualify, since it was ordered after Aug 2021.

(edited)

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

3 months ago

directv streaming and satellite are entirely different services, you can't "switch" from one to the other. You need to ask directv streaming if theyhave a similar plan.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

20K Messages

3 months ago

While the tv portion of ATT (DirecTV satellite, streaming and Uverse IPTV) were all sold off July 2021, to my knowledge any of the three still provides unlimited internet. 

All direct fiber FTTP accounts are also unlimited.

Without one of the above Uverse copper platform ADSL2+ and VDSL FTTN can order unlimited for extra $30 per month. MeNibg can drop tv package completely, loss any bundled discount ($10?) And pay the $30 to keep unlimited internet service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.