For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
A

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, September 19th, 2020 3:47 PM

CUSTOMER RETENTION & LOYALTY: Poor Customer Service Replacing Cracked Screen

I am an AT&T GOLD Customer having an AT&T Wireless account for 15-20 years with 4 phone number lines. I recently purchased an Apple SE IPhone from the AT&T store in Raynham, MA. I love the phone and received very good customer service at the store. I am also very satisfied with your telephone and online technical support. My disappointing lies with very underwhelming customer service from your Assurion (?) AT&T Protect Advantage (Insurance) Provider and my follow-up with AT&T Customer Service Support. Although AT&T Customer Service Support did point me here (AT&T Customer Loyalty Team.

I’m looking for you to live up to the spirit of the AT&T Protect Advantage Plan by replacing my cracked screen for it’s touted $29.

Since Assurion (?) lacks human coverage in my home area, they insist, per AT&T/Assurion fine print, on my opening a $100 claim, mailing me a refurbished IPhone of their choice, going to an AT&T store to transfer my phone settings and data, then returning my 3-month old IPhone SE to them. All the while, AT&T Protect Advantage Plan touts $29 to replace a cracked screen. This scenario does not meet my satisfaction because of the $100 not $29 fee, and I may not get and IPhone SE in the process. The size of the SE is what is most important to me, not a more feature-rich phone of larger size.

Further, Assurion was very evasive in answering my questions to the point of only a P.O. Box number to contact them in writing as opposed to the more respectful Strett address. Not a very customer-centric policy. They do not represent the AT&T brand well, from my perspective.

Next, I contacted AT&T Customer Service Support through a “Chat” session.  I must say AT&T’s “Digital Assistant/Chat Wizard” function is frustrating. Kept asking me same basic questions time and again. When I finally got through to a “Live” person, I was asked the same basic questions. The rep did not answer my specific question but kept pushing me to “Contact Assurion.” This, after clearly stating more than once that I was not satisfied with Assurion.

Then, I got bumped up to the reps supervisor and again the answer “Contact Assurion.”

Don’t know how it happened but I was then bumped up to the suvervisor’s supervisor. Again, had to start over with the same basic questions. I told the supervisor’s supervisor that I had already supplied this basic information 3 times over a 30-60 minute time and cut to the chase, “I’m looking for you to live up to the spirit of the AT&T Protect Advantage Plan by replacing my cracked screen for it’s touted $29.” Suddenly, the supervisor’s supervisor said my “Call Identification” info had been lost, and to log-off and log back in. Further, he assured me that I would quickly be re-routed back to him. Well, not only was I not re-routed back to him, I was blocked from logging back into my AT&T account. This was 2-3 weeks ago.

So underwhelmed, I let this matter sit. It’s now be an month or two since my screen cracked. At this point, I am contemplating getting my scree fixed by and unauthorized repair provider, risking my Apple IPhone Warranty being void.  Also, can cancel AT&T Protect Advantage Plan and get an alternative plan from another company. Yahoo just overed me an insurance plane for $5/month, much less than the AT&T/Assurion plan.  At the very least, I’m going to cancel AT&T Protect Advantage Plan which I’ve had from several years until I am “made whole” from a financial perspective (2-3 years of lost incremental insurance revenue to AT&T). Not to mention what it has already cost AT&T to earn and UNSATIFIESED GOLD CUSTOMER.

So, is there any way you can reward my CUSTOMER LOYALTY by expeditiously replace my cracked screen for your touted $29? And, I am begging you to PLEASE DON’T PUSH ME TO ANOTHER WIRELESS SERVICE PROVIDER.

Thank You. Adriano (EDITED AS PER COMMUNITY GUIDELINES)

(EDITED AS PER COMMUNITY GUIDELINES)

IPhone SE

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

At&t nor Asurion repair iPhones. Apple prohibits it. Only Apple repairs iPhones. Assurion is the provider and that’s what they do they replace them. At&t only passes your premium on same as my mortgage company pays my homeowners insurance and taxes. If I had a homeowners claim for repairs I certainly wouldn’t go to my mortgage company to file a claim. 

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Ironically, my AT&T Protect Advantage Plan touts "$29 Cracked Screen Repairs."

Your home mortgage analogy is a False Equivalency. I highly doubt your mortgage company sold you your home insurance.  

Per your flawed logic, I should go to Apple to get my screen replaced. This certainly is an alternative for me to take. In doing so, I'll cancel my AT&T Protect Advantage Plan, cutting any premium revenue to AT&T and Asurion from my Customer Lifetime Value to them.

Again, PLEASE DON’T PUSH ME TO ANOTHER WIRELESS SERVICE PROVIDER, AT&T Employee.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

Read my profile we’re all customers here I’m here on my own time off the clock so your employee remark means nothing to me. If you don’t like At&t then change services but all carriers use Asurion so they will have the same result 

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Please (NOT) CONSTRUCTIVE, this matter is beyond you, unless you work for AT&T's REVENUE PREVENTION TEAM?

You, effectively, just told me to LEAVE AT&T and TAKE MY MONEY TO ANOTHER WIRELESS CARRIER.

And, please stop with the TWISTED HUMAN PRETZEL LOGIC. In your first response you outlined how Apple does not allow AT&T or Asurion do fix IPhones, rendering Asurion a paper tiger. Um, this means Asurion is irrelevant regardless of wireless carrier. 

Now I'll leave you to the LAST WORD, as it seems you want to do.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.