Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Rpardue's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 14th, 2017 10:42 PM

Credit Check for Internet

I have been an AT&T customer for so long I actually began as a BellSouth customer. I've had a plethora of issues with customer services and sales since the company switched its name. I will not bore you with all the verbal trickery and false promises here today. I have decided to end my relationship with this company due to one thing. Lack of appreciation and consideration for a two decade long loyal customer when she (I) experienced financial difficulty for 3 months. I neglected to pay my internet and cable ( fringe benefits in my life) due to experiencing severe financial duress. I called and paid both these bills in full today. I was then told by the Uverse customer service that to resume my service of over 15 years (some dsl , some uverse) that I would have to undergo a credit check.  Even xfinity would not put a customer through this who has had active service in the last 6 months. My service with ATT was canceled yesterday October 13th and not one customer service representative would consider a.) that I had no outstanding balance as I paid the entire balance  or  b.) I've been a paying customer for over 15 years of multiple att services. 

So my loyalty to the company means nothing. My longevity with the company means nothing. 

Furthermore, I even asked if I could forego the check and pay 100 bucks in advance and was told I could not do that. Upon researching it seems I should have been able to exercise this option. 

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

7 years ago

They can't bypass it. It's not the customer service that's refusing to skip the credit check, it's their computer system. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.