AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
markjohnsonii's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Apr 20, 2020 10:32 PM

Copyright Infringement Acknowledge and Tutorial websites are broken

I got email notification that my internet service had a copyright infringement violation and that i'd have to complete an educational tutorial on copyright infringement or else my Internet service will 'limited'.

I've tried to go to the website linked in the email: att.com/copyright-infringement

I've tried this via direct link and also by searching and navigating to it. Most of the time it either times out or is not available. Sometimes it is available but not functional. While trying to ‘acknowledge the alert', or take the 'tutorial', or even log into the page, I get a pop-up saying "We're Sorry, We cannot process your request at this time" with a "Go Back" button that also doesn't work. I've tried this site and it's functionality several times over the past few days with no success.

I'm not sure what to do; we are all working from home right now and I can not loose my internet service or speed. It is crucial to my ability to keep my job.

I've been on hold until it hung up with AT&T Support several times and once got through to someone who couldn't help me and/or didn't understand what the issue was and transferred me to an endless 'on hold' until it hung up.... I've also tried support chat with AT&T and have been in queue for hours with never being able to chat with someone or resolve this issue. I need some help!

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I'm in the same boat. I've tried to access the tutorial using multiple browsers, devices, and networks continuously for 4 days now. Every time I receive an error saying "The site can't be reached, copyright.att.net took too long to respond". I only have 10 days left to try and take this before my connnection is throttled back (until I'm able to complete the tutorial). It seems like my service is being held hostage and this is just a way for AT&T to slow down my account while charging me for faster service.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

I spent hours on the phone support and via the Support Chat, and I was able to get support to help me out (we will see if they actuallly do). YMMV on that one!

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.