Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
A

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 9:37 PM

Charged on the Account after requesting for temporarily suspend the account

I requested to suspend the Internet connection for the account till August month-end. But charged for the month of July.

I have called AT&T support a couple of months back and requested to temporarily suspend my account since I am out of station due to pandemic. First, I requested to suspend until the end of June(June 30). I made a call couple of days prior to the June end and made another request to extend the suspension to August month-end. 

But I decided to move to a different location and requested a transfer of service but AT&T doesn't have service on my new location so decided to cancel and called 3 rd week in July to cancel the account.

I noted the account status when I called to cancel. It was in the suspended state only and the very next day I canceled it changed to active and 104 dollars charged on my account. 

When I called AT&T and asked for the reason they saying that my call to extend the suspension was note noted on the files. 

If the suspension was not noted how come I see the account in the suspended state after June 30th. The state was suspended until the date I called to cancel the service. 

I don't have any proof to show since I made a call to extend the suspension. I have requested to check my last month's usage to confirm. But the Supervisor or any other Agents are willing to do it and keep on saying since the bill is generated they cannot do anything.

I am really unsatisfied with the service I got and also requesting for the waive off the amount unnecessarily charged due to the ignorance of some Agent.

Please help me with a solution.

Responses

sandblaster

• 

42.1K Messages

2 months ago

This forum is not customer support. It is also a public forum, please remove your personal information. You need to call.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you ...Just removed the personal information.
I  contacted AT&T  and tried to explain the situation but they keep on saying that it is a valid one and since bill generated they cannot do anything.

Since I don't have the proof( made phone call to extend the suspension) I requested to check my usage last month. But they are not even looking at it and keep on saying they cannot do anything.

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question