For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
N

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 15th, 2021 11:12 PM

Closed

Change my last name on my account

Hello, I'm trying to change my last name on my account. I have called the 800-288-2020 number and he gave me a  website to go do it at. I was asked to sign in and so I did, but it says they dont have my account and cant do it. What now?

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

3 years ago

To change name they need proof (legal name change court order, marriage certificate/divorce decree that specifically has the name change, etc.). This is normally done by taking into a store (AT&T owned, not 3rd party/authorized seller).

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

They won’t do it in the store either unless there is a manager on site. I brought my divorce decree and ID but because my current ID has my current (legal) last name they wouldn’t change it without a manager. Changing my name at ATT has been more arduous than any other account that I have. My legal name changed in 2019. At that time I called and the person I spoke with said they changed it but they actually only changed my preferred name. I’m ready to transfer my service to Verizon so I don’t have to deal with this anymore. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.