Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
J

• 

1 Message

Wed, May 27, 2020 11:38 PM

CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003] message

I have had a problem with my email since changing my password on May 25, 2020, I have to log in with user name and password every time I want to view my account. i have checked stay logged in for 2 weeks. Now today, I was locked out for too many attempts to log in. I was on the phone with AT&T for 30 minutes and was told my account was unlocked and I should wait an hour and try again. I waited for an hour and half and I'm still getting the message. Any help??

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

1 y ago

I had a similar problem and kept getting Error Code 0x8019019a and Care Code LU003.  Jay at AT&T Customer Service helped me find the solution.  The issue was with my browser, not AT&T.  The solution was to un-install the browser, then re-install.  If I get stuck in a loop, the problem is usually the browser. 

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

I have the same issue and the only way to check your email is to click on Forgot Password and create a new password every time.  As a past PacBell QA member, I can't believe that they can't recreate this issue and find a resolution.

MrsTGA

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

1 y ago

I’m not really sure what exactly happened with you all’s experience, but this same thing happened to me last night. Same code and all. I came online looking if there was anything that I could do to get it done & was completely scared that I wouldn’t be. Please don’t think I’m invalidating your experiences. I know it’s true because it literally happened to me at NIGHT. I didn’t call immediately because I was looking online at things I could do to get my online account back. After finishing up my night for things needed, I tried again. I took a leap and called the customer service line at almost 3am EST. I didn’t think it was open actually, but it was. I was greeted by a wonderful representative. I wish I could remember his name. I was his first client of his shift. He assured me that he would not hang up with me until the problem was resolved. He stood by his promise. He put me on hold for a few mins, but sent me a one time password to use for the account. Soon after that, he told me to make a new password (he NEVER asked what it was). I did as he instructed me & then he told me to log out then log back in.....IT WORKED! I know it’s a bit lengthy, but I do want you all to know it CAN be done because it was done for me! I haven’t had one problem since then. I checked it periodically just to make sure it wasn’t a one time thing. I can sign in under safari (as I have an iPhone) chrome, and my laptop (currently a non Apple device). If they say they’ll just send you the “link” to reset your account, that’s basically what we’ve done (as I’ve read most of the comments saying so, as did I), tell them you’ve done that numerous times and that’s not the issue. It’s a issue on their end. They’ll have to reset the account on THEIR end! I wouldn’t post it if it wasn’t true. I hope you all are able to get into your accounts soon! Ask them to reset your account and have a password sent to you. From there, you’ll be able to change your password again (you’ll need to do that), & gain total access back to your account. That’s pretty much what it is. Losing complete access to your account. That’s the ONLY way you’ll be able to get it back. I hope this helps. 

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

10 m ago

I used to use outlook to check my email but I had to abandon that altogether due to this password issue. Now I use the webmail link and have the same problem every else is having. 

The temporary work around that seems to work for me is going through the process of resetting the password and using security questions, but using the SAME password. This seems to work, but then after two weeks, I get the same message again. Regardless, this seems to log me out of my email on my mobile, so I have to log in there again as well. It's just a routine now, every two weeks, same thing. I have a bellsouth.net email. There is obviously some change they made somewhere and they have no clue how to fix this. I'm seriously thinking about getting rid of this email that I've had for 20+ years and just going to gmail. 

MrsTGA

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

10 m ago

@aylasaur Did you try calling a representative? I know for me, when I called, the representative was extremely nice and helped me get back into my account. I haven’t had an issue since (knock on wood). 

• 

2 Messages

10 m ago

@aylasaur you can call 1-877-285-0144 ATT Digital Assistance line and they should be able to help you.  They helped me with an sbcglobal.net and a att.net accounts.

• 

3 Messages

10 m ago

I haven't called because so many people on here have said that they are no help at all, but I will give it a try. Thanks!

MrsTGA

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

10 m ago

@aylasaur I do understand that. I definitely felt the same way. I stressed to the rep that I had changed my password several times and it just wouldn’t let me do anything even after doing that. He fixed it for me. No problems since. I use an outlook/Microsoft email. I think it’s a glitch in their system honestly. 

• 

1 Message

10 m ago

I spent 3.5 hours on the phone with 5 different AT&T “technical teams” yesterday.  This issue has been happening with my mom’s email for more than a month.  Not only was I asked if I knew how to use a browser, I was told that the issue that I described could not possibly happen.   “If you can get logged in on your tablet there is nothing we can do for you.”   If someone has a number for escalating horrible AT&T customer service and products please post.  

• 

1 Message

9 m ago

Having the same issue as everyone here.   "There have been too many failed sign in attempts. To get help, please use Forgot user ID or Forgot password links.

Care Code: 205.2 [LU003]"
email works fine on I phone, and I can get in through the yahoo link on the 2nd page of this thread.   But anything that goes through AT&T generates the error message.   And trying to change password after accessing through the yahoo link brings up the AT&T signin which fails.   Calling the AT&T digital support number was told to wait 24 hours, which as expected did not work.   Has anyone actually successfully been able to contact AT&T and have them unlock the account as that seems to be the problem.   Password is correct (as can access through Yahoo link), but something in AT&T is causing it to fail login through them.   This is an SBCGLOBAL.NET login.   Very frustrating.   Will continue to use the link posted previously, but am afraid at some point will be become inactive, and will completely lose access to the account.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 m ago

jon777--

I had the same problem: 

1.  entering email address on "Sign in to Yahoo Mail using your Yahoo account" and clicking "Next" will bring you to:

•   the ATT "Sign in to continue" page

2.  The ATT "User ID" is not necessarily the same as the email address!  Entering my email address and password resulted in  "Care Code: 205.2 [LU003]/ too many failed attempts."

3.  The "User ID" that needs to be entered is what used to be called the ATT  "Access ID" which was used to access ATT accounts for cel phone/Direct TV/ISP service.  So, try clicking "Forgot user ID" on the "Sign in to continue" page.

bottom line:  FIND OUT YOUR ATT ACCESS ID! 

• 

3 Messages

9 m ago

Ok, so I was finally able to resolve EVERYTHING with my email. 

Firstly, let me clarify that I do not have an active AT&T product right now and the email I was having problems with is my legacy email (bellsouth.net) from when I was a customer for many years.  

My two problems were:
1) Logging into my email through outlook on my desktop no longer worked. The password failed.

2) Logging into my email through the att webmail worked with some effort - the password would fail, so I had to request a password reset, use the option to answer security questions, re-use the old password as the new password. My email would be active for two weeks, then it would log me out and I'd have to do the same dance all over again to get back in. 

As someone above suggested, I called 1-877-285-0144. Unfortunately, the automated service asks for an account number and since I don't have an account, I had a (Edited per community guidelines) of a time trying to get a live person.  I persisted and I eventually reached someone. 

The nice young lady seemed to recognize that she needed to reset my password on her end. I was confident this wasn't going to work but I went along. She guided me to where I had to enter this new password (att.com not att.net) and I was immediately prompted to change it. I changed it, went back to the webmail log in and it worked as it should, on the first try.

On to my first problem - not able to log into outlook. This still did not work and she did not know how to help with this. But then I remembered reading something about ATT having changed their email security and that you needed to create a secure mail key with certain email programs that don't use OAuth security (or something). At the time I read this, I could not log into to the link that they sent, and since I wasn't an AT&T customer, I thought maybe it didn't apply to me. Plus my email was working so ignored. Well, turns out this is the problem after all. 

I went back to that document about the secure mail key document (https://www.att.com/support/article/email-support/KM1240308/) and tried logging into the link with my newly reset account. It worked! Followed the instructions, created a secure mail key, entered it in outlook, and voila! My email now works in outlook (and pretty much anywhere).

Moral of the story:
1) Call at&t to have your account reset
2) If you use an email app that does not use OAuth, you will need to create a secure mail key following this document - https://www.att.com/support/article/email-support/KM1240308/. That will then be the password you need to use for that email program, Outlook being one of them. 

I hope this info helps somebody! 

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

5 m ago

I've been dealing with this problem for over 2 years where I get kicked out of all devices every once in a while and get the whole frustrating loop of going in the back way, re-setting, too many attempts, 205.2 care code, etc. Then I get in sporadically, stay signed in and all is well for awhile.

I called ATT 1-800-288-2020 and they got me back in. He said this problem sometimes happens with old email addresses, especially if a password is changed. 

Other times, I got in once all history was cleared, or using this old sign in

Regardless, I'm switching to using my Google as a main email. Good luck!

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

5 m ago

Here it is a year later and the same issue is occurring.  I am so very close to getting rid of my AT&T products and services.  Someone needs to please help with a definitive solution on how to reset a password so that it "takes" the first time. I am still getting the error 205.2 each time I try to log in with my "newly set" password.  If I wasn't like a dog with a bone, I would have just walked away by now.  Very close.

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

Answer! You Do Not have to have an Email Account with AT&T in order to have them Reset Your Password while on the Phone with Them, giving you a Temporary Password so you can Change your Password to Access your  "old Att/Yahoo Email" again. Then you get to change your Password and back into that Bellsouth.net etc again.... I did!! I just had to verify some information that I had when I did have one and I am so glad I write things down. I Pray this HELP

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.