Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
daCapitan's profile
daCapitan
#1 Star!
Helpful 1
10th stratosphere!

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Sat, Dec 10, 2016 5:57 PM

Cannot change SMTP password

I keep changing my att password, but it does not update my SMTP password.  How do I actually change my SMTP/email password?

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

171.7K Messages

5 y ago

Hi @daCapitan,

Are you trying to update the password on Outlook itself or is the password itself not updating? 

-ATTU-verseCare

daCapitan

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 y ago

I want the password I use in outlook to be updated. For some reason, on multiple computers, it still only accepts old password.
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

171.7K Messages

5 y ago

Hi,

You will have to update it in your outlook settings. Let us know what version of outlook you have and we can guide you through it. Also, this article may help guide you through it. It gives you all the steps on setting it up, but you can ignore everything besides the password setup.

-ATTU-verseCare

daCapitan

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 y ago

I did update it in outlook. That's the point. It won't accept the New password in ANY email program, only the old one.
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

171.7K Messages

5 y ago

You may want to try resetting the password once again and testing to see if you can login through the online mail portal. If you have linked accounts, it should update as well, but may take a short period of time.

-ATTU-verseCare

daCapitan

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 y ago

I reset it three times. It doesn't change the SMTP one for some reason.
daCapitan

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 y ago

I just changed it again, and it changes my login through the website, but not my SMTP One.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.