Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
rlypeedoff's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Apr 30, 2015 8:38 PM

Cancellation of Order Due to No Service In Area

Hello Forum, 

I went through the process of ordering the internet service for my location online with the assistance of a customer service chat rep. Billy assured me that service was provided at my location and we went through all the steps including confirmation and temporary order number. Two hours later I received an email that my order was canceled because there isn't service at my location. I tried calling the customer service number and get either service or my authorization for the installation taken off as I am not a wealthy person and would prefer to use that money on neccessities that I was sacrificing this month in order to have internet service. I was transferred multiple times and disconnected more than once without reaching anyone who could do either. (Which is ridiculous, since my card company only needs their business id number or something to take it off). So, ATT is charging me 87 dollars for a month when they can't provide my internet. (Which I'm also pretty sure is wrong because we had it before several years ago, did they rip out the lines?). 

Who do I turn to? Are there any tricks to get somewhere when using the phone number? Is there a special phone number for people who actually want to help customers? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

Before you ask how I did it online without internet at my house, it's because I'm using breaks at work to do this stupid stuff. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.