Toribisu's profile

• 

10 Messages

Monday, June 19th, 2023 3:09 AM

Can I get an answer to my simple question?

My internet is down. Don't tell me there is an outage, I checked the map. How long will the outage continue for zip code 36507?

Accepted Solution

Former Employee

• 

22K Messages

9 months ago

https://www.att.com/outages/

will continue until it is fixed.

could be 1 day or 7+ days depending on the cause.

Some events from the past decade that resulted in outages including….

bombing, fires, gas line explosion, high wind storm damage from hurricane or tornado, lightning strikes, auto accidents, construction accidents, etc.

Your local news could possible help identify the cause but the restore time would not be known.

edit…

https://gulfcoastmedia.com/stories/severe-storms-heavy-rainfall-expected-in-baldwin-county-today-june-16,172196?

Two more rounds of severe storms and heavy rainfall will occur this morning across Baldwin County, and again late this afternoon through tonight.

According to Baldwin County EMA and the National Weather Service of Mobile, there is a risk for severe storms today. A severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for all but the extreme northeast portion of the warning area until 10 a.m. There is also a flash flood watch in effect for most of the area through this evening.

Severe storms are capable of producing damaging winds of 60+ miles per hour, golf ball size hail or larger, and tornadoes through 11 a.m. and again between 4 p.m. through tonight.

(edited)

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

9 months ago

I get the frustration. 

The simple facts on restoration time is that for various reasons electrical providers can get power up faster, largely because they use contractors to do so and have them available.  They have to because of the danger that downed lines represent and the health risks associated with lack of power.  Other utilities often have to wait until power is restored and are given the all clear to even start working on their lines.

While increasingly important to our daily lives, Internet lines don't carry the direct dangers of the downed lines and health risks of them not being live, so communications utilities don't have contractors on call to help repair. Add to that a lot of powered equipment is sensitive to electrical transients so when the power goes crashing down, it can take out difficult to replace communications equipment.

• 

10 Messages

9 months ago

The power company restored the electricity in no time at all. Why cant AT&T do their job? Why do people pay for this? 

• 

10 Messages

9 months ago

And why keep repeating the same information over and over? I know it isnt working! You don't have to keep saying it when its the very reason I contacted customer service to begin with! 

• 

10 Messages

9 months ago

And why do you feel it necessary to tell me what the weather is like in my own back yard? I  know the cause! Fix it! There has been more than ample time to resolve this problem. 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

9 months ago

@Toribisu  if you only want official answers from AT&T, then don't post in a community forum with other customers.  

• 

10 Messages

9 months ago

Apologies, but I thought the forum was to find answers. That is why I was directed here. Because AT&T is useless and have no answers at all. I didn't mean to offend but im just so angry with AT&T that I guess I took it out on you nice people who are actually at least trying to help.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.5K Messages

9 months ago

There has been more than ample time to resolve this problem. 

….and you know that how?

• 

10 Messages

9 months ago

Ok then please explain it to me. The map shows the outage is approximately one square mile in a low population area. The power company has already cut trees off of all the lines, replaced broken poles, hung the downed lines, and restored electricity to the area. Two days ago. And AT&T hasn't even figured out why their service is out? It doesn't make sense to me. But I'm all ears.

• 

10 Messages

9 months ago

Thank you JefferMC. This is actually useful and far more than customer service could even comprehend, much less explain. But yeah powers been on for two days.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.