For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
DisconnectMeNow's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, July 6th, 2014 10:40 PM

Breaking Up Is HARD To Do!

I've been an AT&T DSL Auto-Pay customer for serveral years with no complaints or issues... Until I move and try to cancel my service! I gave AT&T a heads up on my pending move of over a month. The representative spent more time harassing me to buy more from them than she did taking care of disconnecting my service. After confirming my cancelled account, I was surprised to get a bill for the next month! After calling no more than 4 times, this issue is still unresolved. I offered to pay for the extra month and couldn't until the bill had been reviewed. Now, I get another bill charging me the extra month PLUS a service I don't have!

I'm extremely frustrated with the lack of customer focus completely.  The DSL worked fine, but when talking to Customer Service, AT&T has completely fallen down. I'm ready to pay for services I didn't receive just to get rid of them. I'm not sure who I could even talk to within AT&T. So, I created this thread. My first ever online complaint...

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

I think AT&T has got you right where they want you, which is you willing to part with money you don't owe to them.   Don't give them a penny they're not entitled to.  Fight them!  More than once I've had to write to the president of the company just because AT&T's customer service department is way too fragmented and scrambled to handle simple billing issues.  Do not let AT&T take your money.  Stand up to them and don't back down one inch.  It will be a frustrating and a major hassle, but you must stand your ground as a consumer.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Done. I did talk to 2 more agents today and guess I got the right one. She took all charges off and was very pleasant. However, I will believe it when I get the piece of paper from them. Why they can't eMail or even update my online account, doesn't make sense to me either... While happy with the end result, completely dissatisfied with AT&T Service. Fragmentation may be part of the root cause, but something they need to figure out quickly.

Thanks for the motivation!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.