For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
R

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 31st, 2020 9:32 PM

Billing Dispute

Were you aware that AT&T does not prorate the final bill?  Depending on when you cancel services they are taking ~$100 per customer for unused services.  I have submitted complaints to the Ohio Attorney General, the FCC, BBB and Public Utilities Commission of Ohio.  If you've experienced this I suggest you do the same with the appropriate agencies in your area.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

I don't know where you got the "....$100 per customer...."

That part is not true but what is true is the following from the TERMS OF SERVICE

Section 5, paragraph a.

a. Your Decision to Terminate or Continue Service.

You may cancel your Service, but if you do so before the end of any applicable term, you will be subject to  any early termination fee which may be associated with that plan as specified in your Customer Service Summary, your Order Confirmation Letter or the applicable Fee Schedule(s) (referred to as an "Early Termination Fee" or "ETF").  At the conclusion of your term, or at all times if you did not agree to a Term Plan, your continued Service will be provided on a month-to-month basis. Regardless of whether you are subject to any applicable term or have Service on a month-to-month basis, if you cancel Service prior if you cancel Service prioto the end of your billing cycle, your Service cancellation will be effective as of the final day of your billing cycle for billing purposes.  You will not receive a refund or prorated credit of any portion of Service if you cancel prior to the end of your billing cycle.  If you elect to continue Service on a month-to-month basis, you should review the then current Agreement regularly at att.com/internet-terms.  The then current Agreement will govern your Service.  Your election to continue Service represents your agreement to the then current Agreement.

I hope you haven't already filed a complaint because those TOS are legal and it would be a waste of your time....

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

3 years ago

<Shrug> Go ahead if you like, but the no-prorate policy is spelled out in the Terms of Service that you agreed to when starting service and has been this way for years.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

@davemize   One of my newer memes.....

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

3 years ago

The devil is always in the details....

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Were you aware that AT&T does not prorate the final bill?

Yes, I was aware of that. ATT made the change to internet and tv services almost two years ago to align with cellular service that has always not prorated and yes, it’s entirely legal. It’s also not an issue if you know and plan for it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.