Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Oct 2, 2019 3:31 PM

Bill fluctuating. Cancel my service

I am beyond angry at this point. I am cancelling my service with you all. This is getting out of hand. Poor service, no clear explanation as to why I have fluctuating bills. I called last month and spoke with a young lady who did an awful job at explaining the charges. However, the consensus was “your bill will go back to normal next month.” Now I have revived my bill and it is TWICE as much as my normal bill. You all are lucky to have my business as many other companies in the area have internet and cable for much cheaper. I am done. What forms do I need to fill out to cancel this awful service. I’m not paying $140 for basic cable and low speed internet. This is absolutely ludicrous. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

my thoughts

Employee

• 

13.9K Messages

3 months ago

Please call 800.288.2020 during normal business hours to cancel your service.

You state have TV and internet, for how long? If currently in a promotion plan (12 months for Uverse, 24 months for DirecTv) would owe early termination fee of $15 per month per service remaining on Uverse products, $20 per month for DirecTv.

Example if have 6 months left on promo contract.... cancel ATT internet (6x15) $90 and another $90 for TV service for total $180. 

DirecTv is a 2 year contract, thus cancel after 6 months would owe for 18 months @ $20/ for $360 plus any ATT internet (from example $90) for total $450.

Please verify your early termination fee, if any, before cancelling service.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Is anyone going to do anything about my continuous increasing bill with no reasonable explanation?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34K Messages

3 months ago

This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. No one here can see your bill to explain the charges. We only know what you share. As stated above, you may have had promotional pricing that expired.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.