Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
Gladisdayala's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Jul 21, 2014 11:15 PM

Bad Customer Service Experience

Today, I called in to AT&T customer service with questions regarding my phone/internet plan.  I spoke with a customer service representative named Sixta (sp?) from Florida.  I explained to her that I have a phone/u-verse bundle and am paying around $75/month.  I wanted to know if there were any plans that were more economic than the one I currently have.  Sixta told me that I had the cheapest plan that is currently offered by AT&T and that my plan was under a promotion that would end very soon.  My new bill, once the promotion was over, would be $95/month for the same services.  I asked her to please check any promotions that I may use because this is too expensive for me.  She said there was nothing she could do. I then asked her to please transfer me to someone else, perhaps a supervisor that I could speak with.  Sixta refused and she said "My supervisor is too busy to take your call and she's going to tell you the same thing I just told you anyway." I asked her to clarify what she was saying; was her supervisor unwilling to take a call from a customer or did she not want to transfer me?.  She then stopped talking to me and kept me on the phone in silence, refusing to speak until I finally just said thank you and hung up.

I called back to try to speak to someone who could actually be helpful.  I got a customer service rep from NY named Oscar.  I explained what happened with Sixta and Oscar put me through to his supervisor, named Manuel.  Manuel apologized for the incident with Sixta and said he could help me in regards to my original question, switching to a more economic internet plan.  He kept me on the line for about an hour while he researched internet/phone plans.  I told him that what I was really interested in was internet and didn't need my phone line.  I told him it would be fine to cancel the phone line and just keep internet service in order to have a more maneagable bill.  Manuel then told me that the AT&T system was very slow and that he would take my number, keeping searching and call me back.  I hung up the phone with Manuel about 5 hrs ago and have yet to hear back from AT&T. 

I have stayed with AT&T so far because I have been satisfied with the internet service.  But I have other options for internet, and I have to be honest, after interactions with customer service like I had today, it makes it very difficult to be happy with this company.   If any problems arise in the future, is this the type of service I have to look forward to?

Needless to say, I am very disappointed and exhausted after these interactions with AT&T reps.  All I want is a plan that is convenient for me and fits in my budget. I need resolution to my problem and I am not interested in waiting on the phone for hours or speaking to rude agents to have no interest in assisting customers.  I have been a customer for 8 years now and would hope that AT&T would treat loyal customers better than this.

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.9K Messages

7 y ago

Hello @Gladisdayala 

I apologize for the bad service you received over the phone, our team will be happy to help you with that! You can send us a private message by clicking here and one of our managers will contact you directly to go over your options. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.