1 Message

Monday, November 7th, 2022 11:32 AM

Autopay Deenrollment, Account Mysteriously Cancelled and then charged double

Timeline: 

10/11- AT&T AutoPay deenrollment Email #1

10/12- Payment posted

10/22- 2 Canceled $55.26 charges in same day 

10/25- AT&T AutoPay deenrollment Email #2

10/25- Conversation with AT&T employee stating I had nothing to worry about and autopay was on

11/5- Internet turned off and charged for $110 of mysterious charges 

I received an email about my Autopay being deenrolled on 10/11. I re-enrolled and didn’t think much of it. I received another email on 10/25 ago saying I was deenrolled again- at this point I thought it was a bit scammy. I reached out on the chat function and spoke to someone who ensured me that my auto pay was enrolled and that I had nothing to worry about.

Fast forward to 11/4, I wake up and my Internet is OFF. MY INTERNET GOT TURNED OFF. Not to mention, I had already paid my October-November bill on 10/12. (See timeline) These mistakes feel extremely scammy and make me want to switch back to Spectrum,  but I will give you one more chance to correct this.

Even more scammy, one of the cards ends in "05**" which I do not own a card that ends in those 4 numbers. This just keeps getting more and more scammy feeling. 

The really hope the next person I speak with can actually help me or I will be switching. 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

3 months ago

ATTHelp, you're wanted here.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.