For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.
ATT - YAHOO - OATH - SBCGLOBAL.NET STATUS
I also recall ATT indicating recently (2018) that it had recovered SBCGLOBAL.NET from Yahoo. Yahoo is now owned by Verizon and OATH, thereby subject to OATH's TERMS OF SERVICE - TOS.
With that announced recovery of SBCGLOBAL.NET by ATT, it was also announced that current SBCGLOBAL.NET email users would not be subjected to OATH's TOS, but instead, said users would be legacy bound to ATT's TOS, and that our existing SBCGLOBAL.NET email addresses would work without interruption or any further regard for Yahoo, Verizon, or OATH - and that as SBCGLOBAL.NET accounts we would not have to make any changes to our email accounts for functionality or TOS revisions to those that we had previously with ATT when they first worked with YAHOO to manage our email and other YAHOO services via their website, web email, content displays, etc.
Since i have been harassed to accept the new OATH TOS every time I try to fetch my SBCGLOBAL.NET email, I have not accepted those OATH Terms. As a consequence to my refusal to accept, YAHOO has been holding my SBCGLOBAL.NET email hostage, refusing to let it download normally to my desktop ever since October 1, 2018 - it is now October 24, 2018.
YAHOO MAIL again requested that I update my SBCGLOBAL.NET user password on my desktop Mac. I no sooner when I did, YAHOO again harassed me to accept the OATH TOS.
HERE'S WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO HAPPEN NEXT, WITHOUT FURTHER DELAY:
- I don't want to have anything to do with OATH and their invasive and aggressive Terms of Service, with hostage tactics of holding my email from downloading to my desktop computer as they continue to get me to comply.
- I want ATT to honor my loyal participation with ATT as a long time paying customer for their Internet Service Provisions, my house land lines, and my family cell phone accounts - all of which have SBCGLOBAL.NET email accounts - such that I can, and my family can, continue to use our SBCGLOBAL.NET email accounts divorced from YAHOO/VERISON/OATH without any further disruptions, and subject to the legacy terms that applied when we first signed up with ATT for our SBCGLOBAL.NET email accounts - less any mention of being subjected to other Terms of Service by others than ATT.
- i want to be able to use ATT Web Mail services, such as ATT MAIL to view, download, send, (Including any and all attachments), delete, and manage my SBCGLOBAL.NET account just as it had always been prior to YAHOO & OATH.
- I RECOGNIZE THAT I CAN OPEN EMAIL ACCOUNTS WITH OTHER EMAIL SERVICE PROVIDERS, SUCH AS COMCAST.NET, GMAIL, HOTMAIL, and those offered with Domain Registrations in my own name. I get that, but with years of placing my SBCGLOBAL.NET email address on countless forms, many having to do with government, financial, medical, the contact lists belonging to my family/friends/associates/business contacts, and social media services I find that encumbrance caused by ATT's deteriorated relationship with YAHOO to be totally deplorable and most unprofessional, a total disregard for customer loyalty and pledged services that were offered to me when I first decided to sign up with ATT for my complete Internet experience for many years to come with out necessary changes to my profile information that includes my SBCGLOABL.NET email address spread all over the globe!
- I HEREBY REQUEST A FULL EXPLANATION BY ATT THAT CLARIFIES OUR SBCGLOBAL.NET ACCOUNT STATUS RELATIVE TO ATT RECOVERING SAID DOMAIN FROM YAHOO AS PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED BY ATT.