For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
G

• 

8 Messages

Friday, January 10th, 2020 7:14 PM

ATT - Please help me!

I overpaid my $250 ATT bill (accidentally) by $2,500 on November 5, 2019. I tried to do a STOP PAYMENT but ATT would not honor it from my bank. Today is January 10, 2020 and I have talked with 7 representatives, 4 supervisors since 11/5/19 about my refund and all have told me that the previous representative filed my claim wrong (I also have 4 separate claim numbers) and that the "back office" has rejected all of my claims. I've talked to Stanley, Chrissy, Janelle (Supervisor) Tim, Charles, Gabs (Supervisor), Ellie, Rob (Supervisor), Cathy (in ATT Loyalty Dept.), Paul and another Paul (Supervisor) - I just want my money back and I'm now talking to ANOTHER supervisor who is telling me that I have to start this process all over again. What do I have to do or who do I have to talk to get my money back?

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

This is a follow-up to this post - I've now been transferred to Accounts Rec. and spoke to Ebony who said she can't help me (and also couldn't provide an ID Number) and transferred me back to billing where I've talked to Justin and he has transferred me to his supervisor - who transferred me back to Accounts Rec. and the rep there said she can't help me. I've been on the phone with ATT for 1 hour and 25 minutes and she transferred me back and the line went dead.

(edited)

• 

8 Messages

This is ANOTHER follow-up to this post. I've now been on the phone with Ann (Supervisor) for over 30 minutes and she tells me that the "back office" is working on my original claim for 11/05/19. She doesn't know why it has not been paid and previously denied. She can only email the "back office" and there is no supervisor that I can speak with to handle this matter.

(edited)

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

More to this story - Ann (Supervisor) has called me back and said that she is going to "re-file my claim," give me another claim number (this will be the 5th claim number I have) and "Sir, you should have a refund in 10-14 days. If you do not have your money then, please call back to ATT. Thank you, Goodbye."

ATT - you have the worst business processes in the world. You are TERRIBLE!

(edited)

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Be prepared to give them all of the info that you've provided here. This should elevate the urgency within AT&T.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking...."

(I am NOT a current AT&T employee. This forum is composed mostly of other users. An AT&T Customer Support person may respond to your message, but this isn't guaranteed. Support is also available at 800.288.2020.)

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

8 Messages

Update - I've now been on the phone with AT&T for 35 minutes, gave them my Claim and Reference number...and they have now told me that I will find out their "approval or denial on my case in the next 45 days" What kind of organization is AT&T? They want me to wait 45 more days and this ridiculous issue started on November 5, 2019...70 days ago. I just want my money back AT&T, is that too much to ask?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

why has AT&T not responded to this?? [EDITED] have you contacted your bank to try to get them to handle it and maybe reversing it? I know it’s been quite some time so i doubt it would work. I just know most of the time they tell you to take it up with your bank. I’ve had to get a refund through att once and they took a month to refund me 100 bucks! Its not 2500 but still they should never have allowed you to make that payment without verifying firsthand that you were prepaying for ur services which I don’t think is a thing they allow you to do. But what the heck did they think you were buying?? Your bill couldn’t have been that high so why didn’t the system catch that? (Edited per community guidelines) it’s not their problem so why would they want to give back money they could just keep without worrying it was a mistake on your behalf or not. They don’t want to lose a PENNY I promise You that

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.