Mdcioaca's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Sep 6, 2018 10:16 PM

Any deals FOR existing customers?

I signed a contract FOR bundlle service with ATT, (phone, internet and directv),which expired one month ago.

I Caller ATT trying to Extent existing contract, for which I payed $104.00/month, and I hâd been ofered $110.00/month, which I acceped, Buț the Bill come for $141.00/month whitch I never agreed to pay.  Evytime I called Att, I am told they are going to register our conversation, however when I call they never find any recording of the previous agreements.

I consider that Att practice is misleading custermers, they are interested just in getting new ones, they do not care about loyalty or senior discount. Even if I had to pay for this month, I am going to shop around at Comcast or other suppliers, and cancel my contract with Att.

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 y ago

I recommend you call "retentions" to see what promos they have,  Call the standard 800-288-2020 and ask for "promotions" as you navigate down the phone tree.  That's better than just calling "tech support".  They may be able to offer something you can live with.  I do this every year (my time is coming the end of this month).  Unfortunately the promos they have offered the recent years are nothing like the earlier years and of course will never be as good as what new customers get.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

I called the number 1-800-288-2020 requesting promotions, finnaly I got an operator, his name was Ram, and after waiting a couple of minutes, I had been told, no promotions for my number at this time. I am supposed to pay $141.29 at this time. The only suggestion is to register at Directtv for alerts when they have promotions, and call back with the promotion code to get a discount.

After 35 years customer of Att, looks like I have to change... it is not easy, but I have to check other vendors in my area for the service I had with Att. Looks like, loyalty does not count anymore for Att; they care just about new clients, which can have the service I had, for only $89.99. 

Totaly dissapointed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I have 2 IPhones and a hotspot. The hotspot is only used for our laptop, and when our IPhones need backing up. I am disabled and my husband works for the state. We have the BASIC package for direct tv that we have had since 1999. Our bill is UNREAL. I don’t know what to do. I guess we shouldn’t have got the IPhones, I was told they were buy one get one but when I got there they wanted me to add another line that I couldn’t do. Our grandkids are ALL that keeps me going, that’s the Only reason I switched to one. Anyway that someone could help with lowering our bill would be GREATLY appreciated! Going to bed. Please contact me tomorrow IF you have a solution-God Bless you!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

Call and ask to speak to a supervisor and explain your situation, each agent has the ability to help you...you just need to find a sympathetic ear. Also if you are over 65, ask for elderly discounts - they do exist ATT just does not publicize them. Good Luck!

ACE - Expert

• 

21.4K Messages

2 y ago

AARP offers AT&T discounts for wireless (ie: CELLULAR) service for members.  The only discount for internet is for SNAP (food stamps) recipients.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.