Jmulh's profile

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 15th, 2022 8:43 PM

Account Locked Out, Care Code 205.2, CONSTANTLY!!!!

This happens ALL THE TIME! Whenever I log in to AT&T.com from my Ipad or desktop PC I get "The limit for unsuccessful sign-in attempts has been reached. Select forgot user ID or forgot password to restore access.  CARE CODE: 205.2" Then I try waiting a couple of hours hoping it's restored but still fails.  Then even after waiting 2 weeks it still fails.  And yes, I've triple checked my password.  However, my email accounts are still working with the same password.  Why does it not work on AT&T.com but works on my email client?  This is truly exasperating. What the heck is the problem with AT&T. This is a reoccurring issue with several users.  It's not just me. This error code comes up always after just one attempt.  How can the sign-in limit have been reached.  Ridiculous.  Then I have to go in and change my email password on 4 devices.  AT&T has a problem that needs to be fixed. 

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.5K Messages

2 months ago

See THIS.  

As far as a fix AT&T has been "working on it" for many months now so you only have the workarounds listed.  Be glad your email is still working, many have completely lost access to theirs and AT&T can't/won't do anything about that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.