Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
4LIFE4's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, May 2nd, 2016 10:47 PM

$100 - why so hard to refund?

Several months ago, I entered an AT&T store and asked about a 2Wire modem replacement. An order was placed by the manager of the store. Three weeks passed, I never received the modem. I called the store, and spoke with the manager that placed the order. He said it appeared that the order was never initiated, but was, nevertheless, charged to my account. He said it would be corrected on my next bill cycle. It was not.

I called customer service and was told a refund would be applied to the next billing cycle; again, it was not. After 6 months, still no refund. I contacted via direct messaging, AT&T (ATTCustomerCares, as well as, ATTU-verseCare). An agent replied via email:

"...Thanks for reaching out and providing your account details. I am very sorry for the frustration regarding your prior account and would be glad to assist. I do see customer service noted the situation last month, but no credit was issued as you stated. I have processed a credit of $100.00.[...] Since this account is now closed due to your upgrade to Uverse service, a refund check for the [$x.xx] credit balance will be sent within 30 days. A revised final invoice dated April 15, 2016 will be sent next month reflecting the credit I issued today, along with a revised balance of zero. Thank you again for the opportunity to resolve this matter for you. Have a wonderful rest of your day and holiday!"

The bill noted above, arrived. No corrections made, no check, no refund.  I have exhausted my options within AT&T. Suggestions? 

Respectfully, thank you for any help anyone can offer....

Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

7 years ago

A private message to one of the att customer care teams might get you the help you want.

Pick one of there care team links (any will work) and send a message with your name, account, phone, contact email, best time to connect with you, and a message with your needs. Give them a couple days or so to get back with you, and I hope they can help.

U-verse problems, ATTU-verseCare.
Cellular Problems, ATTMobilityCare.
Billing/other problems ATTCustomerCare
Please mark replies as solutions if it fixed your problem. This helps other members find answers quickly.

Good luck

Good luck, and thanks.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you so much. I have dm'd all of those, several months ago. We will see... I hate to be negative, but I just don't have faith any longer that my issue will ever be remedied. Anyway, I appreciate you, thank you, and will take your advice. I will DM them again. 

micah71

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

7 years ago

Have you filed a complaint with your State's consumer protection agency or the FCC?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you again, @Tigereyze209. I did get an email reply, that a check refund was released on 4/25/16. For reference, the check number [xxxxxxxxx], was in the email, but the email did not state what mode of delivery, or any traceable means to authenticate whether the check was actually sent.  I have not received said refund check.  

Just wanted to update. And again, thank you. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

UPDATE UPDATE:

i finally receieved the refund to the unwarranted charge. Took several months, but I wanted to let the board know. 

Thank you to everyone for your advice. I appreciate this board more than I can say....

I'm sorry it took soooo much effort, but I finally remedied. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.