For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Mackenzie_Baker's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, June 23rd, 2019 12:54 PM

Why Does ATT Lie?

Last year, as well as this year, I placed an order to have an area survey taken of my old home community. This year, back in January, a I fought my way to the top and finally reached out to a manager who happily placed an area survey on my account, stating that I don't need an order number because it will clearly show up on my account for any tech department associate I speak to. I didn't think much of it and agreed, he's a manager so I assumed he knew what he was doing since it was obvious to me that no one else did. Fast forward to May this year I remember and check back up on it. I mean, 5 months roughly is long enough for some progress to have been made right? E V E R Y associate I speak to tells me "Oh yeah! You're getting fiber by the end of June!" "Oh looks like your address your pushing for will be worked on by the first week in June!" "You should see the lines being laid down this month and in 2 months you'll get services!" I check up on  it every 3 days because I really don't trust any associate of this company after what happened to me last year (You can review my other post if need be). June roles around and I check more and more. I constantly go to my grandmother's house (she lives next door to the house I'm trying to get services for. Long story short I was given a house and there is no AT&T services there at the moment. Me and my husband are video gamers and I'm going to college for CS so it's a necessity). I don't see any work in the area being done despite constant feed from the associates telling me otherwise. So, it becomes obvious to me that I'm falling into another pit like last year where the associates are complete liars. I know this because last week when I checked up on it, I was told that there was  no information on my account lining up with what I was saying. I know this is false but whatever. They go ahead and rinse and repeat what that manager did, place a new order on my account but this time they gave me an order number. It's really heart breaking because I've been asking for internet here since I was 10 (I'm 20 now) and now been fighting for almost 2 trying to get internet so I can settle down in my home. This is ridiculous, I deserve that internet after being lied to so much.  Below I will attach the lying scum I've talked to:

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

5 years ago

Fiber in a zip code area being laid does not mean ever address will receive fiber.

Https://broadbandnow.com for ISPs by zip code with % of availability. If ATT Fiber is available in zip code may be as low as 5% or upto 70% but never seen 100%.

Unless can order service, address is green for ordering, there is no publicly available time line for if or when any particular address will receive fiber. 

If check you grandparents address next door using online availability website, what can they order?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Yea I have but the thing is they're promising me for my exact adress ( I colored over for my privacy) so like I dont get why yall lie. Lmaooo I talked to another company today that doesnt service my area and they're in the process of getting services to us. XD yalls company is a joke the other one I talked to today has done more to help me in a few hours than yall have done in 2 years! Bahahaha

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I have the exact experience.  They signed me up for fiber but the tech shows up for copper.  They employ lots of low-level employees with no authority to make decisions so the decision makers don’t have to deal with us.  I live near Memphis but the only numbers posted for help are in remote call centers in places like India, California, and Florida.  I would advise everyone to get service with a competitor and not put up with this crap.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I find that ATT customer service lies anytime they can not actually resolve your issue but want to end the call.   The following is not the first time ATT lied.   In July I ordered a BOGO iPhone.  Due to complications in fulfilling the order online, I initiated the order online and a customer service agent completed the order via phone.  The BOGO deal included a $300 Rewards card that I was assured would be on it way.  On Aug 20th I called to get a status on the rewards card.  ATT had no record of the reward card but after being transferred to the Rewards Center and speaking to an agent I was assured once again that the card was on it's way.  I called a third time today 9/2/2019 and the ATT customer service agent had no information on the rewards card nor did he have any record of it being issued.   Why does ATT lie..... because they can!  I am fed up with the dishonesty.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I find that ATT customer service lies anytime they can not actually resolve your issue but want to end the call.   The following is not the first time ATT lied.   In July I ordered a BOGO iPhone.  Due to complications in fulfilling the order online, I initiated the order online and a customer service agent completed the order via phone.  The BOGO deal included a $300 Rewards card that I was assured would be on it way.  On Aug 20th I called to get a status on the rewards card.  ATT had no record of the reward card but after being transferred to the Rewards Center and speaking to an agent I was assured once again that the card was on it's way.  I called a third time today 9/2/2019 and the ATT customer service agent had no information on the rewards card nor did he have any record of it being issued.   Why does ATT lie..... because they can!  I am fed up with the dishonesty.

Scholar

• 

233 Messages

5 years ago

@Mackenzie_Baker 

I as well have been lied to by AT&T. About a month ago I had called to follow up on why a repair tech had not showed up for the appointment, This had been the 4th appointment and they never even called to tell me they weren't coming on any of these appointments. Needless to say I was HOT!! So while I was on the phone with the rep she said the next appointment would be a week away, so of course I blew up, she put me on hold because she said she was going to expedite the ticket to give her a minute. She came back on and said she had arranged a tech to come out the next day, then she said she was transferring me to the dispatch dept. to get the correct address and info. This of course sounded legit, so I said fine. When someone answered they asked how they could help me, so I told him what the other rep said, he said no he just worked in the customer support department and asked again how he could help. So she lied and I don't care how they color this, it was completely dishonest and very unprofessional, but there you have it... AT&T Dishonest from the top down, they will tell you anything to get you off the phone. Honestly I don't know how they sleep at night!   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.