Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
bigorange's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, April 23rd, 2021 10:52 AM

Why do the sales reps lie about new service?

I am moving and told them I needed service on 5/13/2021, which is next month. They overnighted a router and sent me a bill that is due 5/10/2021 and started billing me immediately. I was repeatedly told I would not be billed until I activated my service! The router is still in the box and not activated. 

By far the most incompetent and inept customer service of any major corporation in America.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

>>The system does not have a magic hold button unless there is an "install" date scheduled in the system.  

The "system" is not the problem, the staff is the problem. Both the sales and tech reps lied and said that the service doesn't start until the device is activated, all knowing the move in date was 3 weeks away and nobody was there yet. It was discussed and clarified multiple times and nobody said a peep about waiting.

FYI, from a technical standpoint, it would be VERY EASY for AT&T to start billing when the device has been activated. It doesn't take magic, it takes programming. When you tell Xfinity the service start date, that's when it starts, not when Fedex delivers the device. Never once had an issue like this with Comcast/Xfinity when moving.

They also tried to ship the equipment to the new address despite also being told the shipping address for the equipment. Fortunately I noticed and got it corrected by tech support, which also lied and said service would not be billed until 3 weeks when I activated it.

Overall, full-on idiocracy from staff across the board in multiple departments. Probably all lied to get a commission now instead of 3 weeks.

It appears AT&T only provides service to procrastinators, not people that plan moves in advance and coordinate install dates.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.