Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
jhirfiberforum's profile

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jun 24, 2022 4:40 AM

When will I be able to order fiber? It's available 3 houses away from me on ATT

I'm so frustrated. FCC Broadband lists my address as having ATT fiber available. But not my house apparently. If I walk 2 houses south from my front door, to the next small crossstreet, and put the address of the second house on that side street from the corner, it says ATT fiber is available. It's preposterous. 4 houses away! I can see their fiber line into the house. I've been asking for 2 years. I'm right next to a 10 town home HOA where probably everyone would love to have ATT fiber. 

Please do something. I'm in Lomita CA 90717 on Pennsylvania Ave

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

4.9K Messages

Il y a 2 d

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, right?

Looking at broadbandnow.com there are only two sections around that area with fiber (see below).

There's no way to tell if/when you'll get it.  What are the speed levels available to your address right now?  That gives us a tiny clue, mostly aimed at whether you should hold out hope for awhile or if you should give up any hope.

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 2 d

i am in one of those red blocks, and so is the neighboring house(s) that can get ATT fiber

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

4.9K Messages

Il y a 2 d

But it sounds like those homes are not on your side of your street, right?  Usually we tell people to use the att.com availability checked and enter the addresses for homes on your side of the street on either side of you until you find someone who is eligible. 

Even if homes right across the street from you can get fiber that doesn't mean much because of the wonky way AT&T determines where to run the fiber.

Again, what speed levels does AT&T give you when you check availability for your home?

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

191.9K Messages

Il y a 1 j

We understand that you're having trouble with getting fiber to your location. We can help with that jhirfiberforum.

We're going to need to speak privately, so we can help with getting this resolved for you. Please check the direct message inbox in the top right corner of the screen. We'll be sending you a message shortly.

In the meantime take a look at our article that covers How to get AT&T Internet In Your Home.

Looking forward to speaking with you.

Charles, AT&T Community Forums

dave006

Scholar

• 

3K Messages

Il y a 1 j

@jhirfiberforum 

If I walk 2 houses south from my front door, to the next small crossstreet, and put the address of the second house on that side street from the corner, it says ATT fiber is available.

In almost Fiber install areas fiber availability normally ends at street corners. There are logical reasons and physical reasons. 

AT&T can't just extend fiber to your address from the current termination point. Your address would need to be included in a new Fiber deployment.

We as customers and even the first line AT&T reps can't tell you when or if Fiber will be service will be deployed that services your address.

As Charles from @ATTHelp posted you can talk to them via private message within the forum but unless the 2 addresses on either side of your house already qualifies then you may get your address cleared if it is simple Address DB error.

Good luck

Dave

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.