For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
C

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 17th, 2020 1:17 PM

When will fiber optic come to my neighorhood?

I have been a AT&T customer for many years, phone service, cell phone, tv and internet. The house were I currently live has internet through AT&T...the dreaded DSL barely useable 5mbps service. I have been inquiring for at least 2 years, when my neighborhood will get fiber optics ...only to be lied to or just redirected to a we(Edited per community guidelines)ite to be alerted when it will be available.

Honestly I’m more than tired of waiting... I have direct tv service that I pay quite a bit for...where streaming or on demand is useless...unless you enjoy buffering. I have the ability to work from home, but can’t because the internet is so unreliable.

Surrounding areas are enjoying fast internet while my neighbors and I suffer a slow service.... Can some give me at least a plausible answer and not some (Edited per community guidelines)? I have held off looking for alternatives, but I may not have a choice soon.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

the only answer is there is no answer. At&t does not disclose future builds to the public until it’s active.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.