When is Faster AT&T Speed Going to be Available? - Info from the AT&T Community
Learn why faster AT&T speeds may not be available
First thing first, AT&T is working on expanding internet service as fast as possible. Unfortunately, a lot of planning, equipment, manpower, and time factor in. When are faster speeds coming? We do not have a date. What we can do is explain why it may not be available, yet, what to look out for, and how to research your address.
Gigabit Speeds, When Is It Coming?
We are continually expanding our fiber footprint to more households every day. If you’d like to check if service is available to you now or to sign up for a notification if it does become available in the future, please visit att.com/NotifyMe . We will send you a notification via your preferred method as soon as AT&T Fiber becomes available to you.
5 Gig internet is the next evolution of internet. At this time, we are working on expanding that footprint but AT&T does not have information on which neighborhoods will get it and when. Our support teams are also unable to give timelines as they can change.
If AT&T Fiber is available, you can order now!
Note: AT&T Internet is not available in all areas, but AT&T is working to change that! Below, you will find information explaining:
- Why services may not be available?
- Other AT&T internet options?
- News about AT&T Fiber expansions?
Why AT&T Internet is not available
- Distance – AT&T Internet is a distance-dependent service. If you are too far away from the equipment, certain services may not be available. This means your neighbor may have service but your home cannot.
- Equipment is not available – To get service, AT&T Internet equipment has to be in the area. In some instances, it isn't. As above, this could mean a neighbor may have it but service was not expanded to your home. We do not have information if or when it will be. If you have 1 Gig Fiber and want to upgrade to 5 Gig, please be patient with us we work to expand that footprint.
- The area is not built for AT&T Internet/ Fiber – some areas are not internet ready. The Community team does not have information if or when it will be since installation is factor dependent as mentioned at the top of the page. Distance and equipment can also play a factor in instances like this.
- Another competitor services the area - This happens from time to time but it does not mean all services are not available to you. Check out other internet options below!
- For some internet services, what is offered during the point of sale is an estimate. Most of the time, what is offered will be installed. To determine if service is available, our techs will perform tests beforehand and let you know of any issues.
Note: AT&T has two ways to bring traditional internet to your home, via copper lines or fiber. To get Gigabit speeds, fiber is required. In order to get internet and/or higher speeds, you must be within a certain distance of the serving equipment and the equipment must be present in the area.
I see they are spraying lines, is AT&T on the way?
Maybe. Marking locations is a best practice for most outside crews. They are used to mark an area where a gas line may be or even a water line. On the other side, it could mean AT&T is going to place cable. Until cable and everything that powers internet is placed, our internal systems will not be updated. You can fill out a form, shown below, for more information.
Looking for Fiber for your Neighborhood or Building?
Are you the property owner or represent your neighborhood (HoA president) and want to get AT&T Fiber for your area. Learn more about how to bring fiber to your property.
Other Internet & TV Options
Other Internet Information
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
3 years ago
Thanks for your interest in AT&T Fiber, @MagnoliaAve10513!
We are always working to expand our fiber services. There are several reasons why it may not have made it to you yet. You can always check your eligibility as it may be added at any time!
If you have any other questions, let us know!
Raychel, AT&T Community Specialist
ACE - Professor
3 years ago
The notify me link is for uverse, and therefore of no value since att no longer installs new service for that product.
2 years ago
I have a Fiber Line sitting at my front lawn as foo all houses in my neighborhood. I watched them dig and finish the lines as I went through the process of picking my lot and building my home. I have spoken with the engineers as they quality checked and tested the lines. They were completed and down now some 6 months ago. The post up front is stamped with my house number 920 ****** ATT Fiber. Now 4 months after moving in.... ATT still can’t find my address for verification.
What a crazy waste of fiber to not turn on too 30 odd houses.
2 years ago
What does it take to get ATT wired internet service where only phone service exists now? My zip code (29702) has several roads, hundreds of homes and businesses, that do not have access to high-speed internet (cell phone only, and sometimes not even that). Schools now require home internet use. Teachers and other professional working from home require high speed internet. I want to purchase property to build a new home, but I am SEVERELY limited by where I can look because there is NO INTERNET service!
HOW can this be FIXED??? Who do I call?