Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
V

• 

1 Message

Wed, May 27, 2020 5:42 PM

When does the billing period start on a new account?

I am not currently a customer, but the home I'm moving into has AT&T Fiber available. I won't be moving for about 3 weeks, but was looking to order the modem early online as a preparation. I will be doing the self-installation. When does the billing period begin? As soon as I receive the modem? Or after I've installed it and have officially set up the service for use?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.5K Messages

a month ago

On a Customer Self Install (CSI with $35 charge) billing begins on the day of scheduled activation regardless if the gateway is connected and working per the ATT Internet Terms Of Service (TOS) agreement.

On a Full Tech Install (FTI with $99 installation) billing begins on the day the gateway is registered and active to surf. The equipment is provided by the tech.

On CSI, shipment delivery is normal the day before or the day of the scheduled activation date. Not weeks or multiple days before being needed.

edit...

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.internetAttTermsOfService.html

from section 6...

b. Billing. If the Service is eligible for self-installation and you choose to self-install the Service, billing will begin when Service is provisioned by AT&T, whether or not you have installed and begun to use the Service. If you choose to have a technician install the Service, billing will begin when the installation is complete

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question