Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
C

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jan 21, 2022 1:39 PM

upgrade to fiber

what number do retirees call to upgrade service to fiber?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.1K Messages

Il y a 4 m

There is no dedicated phone number for fiber (retiree or otherwise).

You check to see if fiber is even available at your address. If it is, then you call AT&T to order service. https://www.att.com/internet/gigapower/coverage-map/ 

rearnold864

Scholar

• 

146 Messages

Il y a 4 m

Nope, you can't order with the retiree discount from the regular order number, there's a dedicated number available 

1-877-377-9010 ~ Monday through Friday 
ET:  10:00AM to  07:00 PM ~ CT: 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM
MT: 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM ~ PT: 07:00 AM to 04:00 PM

• 

1 Message

Il y a 4 m

AT&T has told me for years and years fiber was coming to my area but it wasn't true. Had to go to Comcast which I reluctantly did, but so happy with fast internet and less $ than A&T fiber

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.1K Messages

Il y a 4 m

@jgrosso72 

The fiber rollout is not public info. Even when a fiber install for an area is in final stages where some information might be available, that doesn't mean your exact address gets it. So being a broad term, not everyone in that "area" will get fiber. All you really can do is check AT&T's fiber availability lookup to see if you can get it or not.

But I guess that is a moot point now as you have already switched providers. Seems a bit late to create an AT&T forum account. But if you did so to cancel your AT&T service, you will need to call them. This is a public forum of other customers, so we cannot access your account or change the fiber situation.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.