Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
R

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Jan 19, 2021 11:13 PM

Unable to get additional reward card

I just signed up for Internet 1000. Initially I was doing it online by myself, but I called the New Service number to ask some questions. While I was on the phone with the customer service representative, she told me she could order online for me, that it would be the same as if I was ordering online, and that I would receive the waived installation fee, the $100 reward card for ordering online, and the additional $100 reward card with the promo code ACTNOW. So I told her to go ahead and put in the order for me. However, after submitting the order, she said that she couldn't put in the ACTNOW code for the additional $100 reward card - something about not being able to combine promotions https://mobdro.bio/. However, when I was about the put in the order online, I was able to put in the code, so I'm not sure why she wasn't able to apply it.

I've tried calling the Reward Center but they can't help me since I haven't activated service yet. The ACTNOW promo ends on 9/30 so I want to know how/if I can still apply it to my order. Anyone know what I can do??

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

26.6K Messages

1 y ago

When a CSR tells you on the phone they can give you the online deal, they are

L Y I N G.

They can't.  They're just trying to save the sale for themselves.  You can report it.  You can complain to Customer Service (maybe Retentions will be helpful).  Posting about it here is just venting.

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.7K Messages

1 y ago

and the additional $100 reward card with the promo code ACTNOW

This ACTNOW offer is only valid for online orders. How do you feel about cancelling your order if service has not already been installed at this point?

Then reorder online.

The next option is to call 1-800-288-2020 and at the VRU prompt SAY "Cancel Service". You will be routed to a USA based rep that should be able to offer you a 1 time credit for the missing Reward Gift card you were expecting.

Dave

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

Same here...I hate AT&T because their customer service and deceptive tactics are the worst in the country, unfortunately I only have 2 options in my area, so I bit the bullet and ordered their internet because of the extra $100 reward. They gave me the other 2 rewards but not the $100 ACTNOW reward. I placed my order online, and then like you had a question about the order and install because there was no information on it after I completed the order. The rep said he'd set up the appt and the tech would bring the hardware so there was no need to worry about or wait for the equipment to be delivered, and he cancelled the shipment of the equipment. They always do the old price switcheroo, and also use rewards to lure you in, then give some excuse as to why you don't qualify for it, when they intentionally created the very issue that caused you not qualify for that specific reward.
 I think first, AT&T uses the extra $100 reward to lure in customers by saying ‘order online get this extra reward,’ but they set up the online ordering process in a way that makes the customer have to call to ask some question about the order/install, then they instruct their CS reps to answer the question by telling new customers they can set everything up for you, etc., like they're doing it to help the customer out, which then effectively changes it from an online order to a phone order, or they’re told to change it in their system from an online order to a phone order, or some other order designation automatically, regardless of why the customer called CS, so it voids that reward and they don’t have to pay it out.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

I just saw all the other posts about not receiving the promised reward amount. AT&T are scammers, always have been. They tell you how much your bill will be, then you receive your bill and it's a lot more than your order showed, you call, they give some excuse and you're stuck with the new price or you can cancel because they're not giving in. 

And rewards, another scam...always promises a certain dollar amount if you "order online today," yet another lie. There's always an excuse for why you don't qualify. It's built in to their system to change it from online to some other way it was ordered. This company has been doing these scams since it began, and they're so big and such a monopoly there's not a (Edited per community guidelines) thing a customer can do about it.

(edited)

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.