Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
M

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 7:42 PM

Unable to get additional reward card

I just signed up for Internet 1000. Initially I was doing it online by myself, but I called the New Service number to ask some questions. While I was on the phone with the customer service representative, she told me she could order online for me, that it would be the same as if I was ordering online, and that I would receive the waived installation fee, the $100 reward card for ordering online, and the additional $100 reward card with the promo code ACTNOW. So I told her to go ahead and put in the order for me. However, after submitting the order, she said that she couldn't put in the ACTNOW code for the additional $100 reward card - something about not being able to combine promotions. However, when I was about the put in the order online, I was able to put in the code, so I'm not sure why she wasn't able to apply it.

I've tried calling the Reward Center but they can't help me since I haven't activated service yet. The ACTNOW promo ends on 9/30 so I want to know how/if I can still apply it to my order. Anyone know what I can do?

Responses

dave006

Scholar

• 

731 Messages

a month ago

The ActNow $100 Gift card is only available for online orders. If your order is entered by a phone agent the Promotion is not valid.

Did you actually have the Phone agent create your order?

Dave

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

Yes, the agent did create my order on her end.

She had told me that her ordering on her end would be the exact same as if I was ordering online on my end and that I would receive both gift cards, and only told me after she submitted the order that she wasn't able to apply the promo.

dave006

Scholar

• 

731 Messages

a month ago

You could always cancel your order wait for it to clear the system and the simply reorder online and apply the ACTNOW promotion.

Did you just order today and do you already have a scheduled install date? 

If you cancel you will lose any scheduled install date and it would likely be a minimum of 2 more weeks.

Dave

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

Thanks Dave - I just cancelled and reordered online myself. Hopefully it works out!

Get started...

Ask a new question