Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
J

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 27th, 2021 7:16 PM

Two "AT&T employees" door-to-door legit?

In our growing neighborhood in the past four years, we've had  at least three AT&T door visits which hasn't bothered me until yesterday.  Prior "ATT" visits were typically congenial - I'd mention I was satisfied with my current provider in all aspects- reliability, price, bandwidth, etc. The ATT visitors would understand and left me alone.

Yesterday afternoon, two young adults appeared and the young man listened and understood why I didn't want to switch at the moment but needed some time to research their proposal.  The young lady wasn't satisfied with my response, however, and promised to come back in 2 hours (which they did).

Meanwhile, I'm researching their proposal and it's no different than what I can receive via an online order.  Basically, for the Internet 300 plan at $50/month plus $10/month equip fee plus taxes, I get free installation and reward cards totaling $300.

So, the two "AT&T" folks came back.  I told them I got the info I needed and if you are working on commission (they replied 'yes'), I'd be happy to give you credit, if I decide to switch, for my online sign-up if you provide me your names.  That's when things turned odd.  The young lady kept pushing me to sign up on her iPad, but that's not how I operate.  She rattled off some names she has just signed (I don't know them) and I can get a better deal with her.  "A better deal, than the online one?"  (I showed her the printout).  Anyway, she said after she enters some info in her iPad and makes a call, I can get the plan for $50/month period - no equipment fee, no taxes-guaranteed.  Really?  Then I got suspicious and asked some questions.  Yes, they were AT&T employees- they flashed their badges, but would not let me see up close.  They would not give me their names.  She kept insisting for my full name, phone number, and email but I declined.  I offered to contact them if/when I decided to sign up, but they would not give me their info.

So, is this legit or a scam?  If legit, then AT&T allows variable offers from their employees who approach residents at their home?

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

This happened to me but the guy did everything but took a really long time to set up the phones and we called to get an employee to help us because we’re not tech savvy. But he needed help and would FaceTime an apparent “co worker” and work together until finally they stopped after 3 hours later and still wasn’t finished and planned to come back because he was in a hurry. He came back fixed the phones and let us know that they will give a credit to pay for switching providers but we never got it and when the bill came it says we owed more than what they said and ended up paying 1000$. We tried to get a hold of the employees number but his phone was disconnected and didn’t answer any calls. We tried asking for the employee at the stores and each one didn’t find a name under “Josue ” which was the employee. Finally we ended up on one store that says they matched two employees to our sale named Emmanuel and Jackie. We called the fraud department, we got our money back and currently trying to find the employees who made the sale because they are up to no good and could do it to someone else. So they gave us a fake name and did take our old phones and got new ones, although we don’t know what happened to the old phones they really can’t do anything with it because they are so broken and old, basically no resale value if they stole them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.