Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
T

• 

2 Messages

Sat, May 30, 2020 11:12 PM

Scam?

A man came dress in an AT&T shirt, short and a hat to match. He asked if I would be interested in wanting internet but I roomate with my brother. Long story short, I gave him my information three times. the first time was on his phone. he said he had made a mistake and when he clicked back, it kicked him off all the info. so he went to get his ipad and was doing the same thing but it started glitching. the third time, we tried off his phone and it changed me from medium risk to unknown risk, and he had given up and left. Im not sure how to feel about it after it all happened. he asked for me and my brothers info.

Responses

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

a month ago

Did you check ID? Even if this was a third party reseller of AT&T services, still should have had a lanyard identifying the person and company.

"Don't make me summon the flying monkeys...."

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

he had an ID but i couldnt see very clearly

Get started...

Ask a new question