Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
I

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jan 4, 2022 3:58 PM

Run cat6 and install rj45 port to other part of house

I've recently moved my desk to a back room in our house, which is unfortunately a deadzone. Our wifi is rather unreliable, so I'm wanting to have an Ethernet connection. I'm not sure how to get this done. Ideally I'd like to request a service tech to do this as my father who owns the house is insistent on using ATT for the wiring. I've called customer service and had no luck with the automated answers. Where do I go to get this done? Would a service tech even do this?

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.8K Messages

5分前

Well if your Dad want's it done by AT&T you will have to AT&T at 1-800-288-2020 and at the VRU keep saying Cancel service until you get a live rep. Once you get a live rep confirm that you don't want to cancel service but you are requesting a service dispatch to add an additional Ethernet outlet.

Then you need to request a service dispatch to add an additional Ethernet outlet. The base cost for the dispatch is $99 or $149 depending on local market and the new jack will cost $55 with and additional $20 if the tech has to fish the cable in a wall.

How far is it from where your AT&T Gateway is located to the room where you want the additional Ethernet outlet?

Dave

• 

2 Messages

5分前

I've got a wifi extender already, unfortunately it's still pretty unreliable wifi-wise. I had a couple solutions I could potentially see working, such as moving the router or upgrading it, but this specific one is what he seems insistent on doing.

morph27

• 

322 Messages

5分前

That must be a mega mansion. Sounds like money isn't an issue. If AT&T won't do it, google network cabling companies. I'm sure there is one nearby your area.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.