Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Tyatee's profile

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Apr 7, 2022 4:23 AM

Previous Home Owner Has Not Cancelled Internet Service

Trying to get internet service at a new home I have purchased but service already exists and the previous home owner has not disconnected the service. Our realtor has asked the previous owner's realtor to ask the seller to disconnect but he has not done so. What can we do to get the service at our new home?

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.3K Messages

4分前

Wait 30 days…

If previous home owner has requested to move the service to a different address the account stays with original address till moved.

If they have requested to cancel their service, ATT does not pro rate existing service, cancellation would take place at end of billing cycle which could be days or weeks from request. 

FYI, if the new homeowners have existing service at previous address and did not cancel their service when moving, the same thing is happening at their address… next individual cannot order service as long as their account is active.

Recommend ordering a different ISP (cable or hotspot) for 30 days while waiting.

• 

2 Messages

4分前

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.