For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
S

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 19th, 2021 4:45 PM

Neighbor has the hub, but won't let the AT&T Tech onto her property to set ours up

Our neighbor behind us won't let any technician onto their property to set up  the our fiber services because they need the hub, which AT&T fiber placed in her yard in order to set up other services in our area. We have tried three times in 2019, and I want to get AT&T fiber again, but I do not want to be stopped by her stubbornness again. We are not the only neighbor that wanted and were trying to switch but were stopped by her not working with a certified AT&T technician.  There would be a whole neighborhood using AT&T fiber if the hub was not in this particular yard.  

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

your neighbor cannot deny access, the tech needs to arrive with the sheriff 

AT&T essentially owns that little piece of land which usually includes a 6 foot perimeter around the equipment, its also agreed that at no time can they be denied access to equipment nor a reasonable path to reach the equipment without requiring notice, these easements are backed by easement laws,. laws prohibit blocking, tampering, modifying or destroying any telecommunications equipment

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Even with an easement shouldn't Atnt have to ask the owners before making their house the hub.

I am now fuming as it looks they made our house the "hub" access, not sure but there a concrete that looks able to open in the dirt like when accessing our front water meter .

I feel one time install of cables is one thing , however the potential to need access at  any given time and maybe often should of been discuss as even with an easement this is still a private company.

This  is a big deal and inconvenient to us and not even because our entire family loathes at&t that just happens to be the (Edited per community guidelines) cherry on top.

(edited)

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

2 years ago

Even with an easement shouldn't Atnt have to ask the owners before making their house the hub.

I am now fuming as it looks they made our house the "hub" access, not sure but there a concrete that looks able to open in the dirt like when accessing our front water meter .

No utility service needs to ask before accessing a public utility easement.

It sounds like you may have a new Fiber terminal installed in your backyard. If you post a picture we can help determine what is installed in your yard. It may only be a small box for your address and the passing Fiber cable.

In this case they can't just skip your yard as the Fiber terminal (2-6) potential customers need to be placed as the Fiber Engineering plan requires to offer service to the maximum number of customers.

I feel one time install of cables is one thing , however the potential to need access at  any given time and maybe often should of been discuss as even with an easement this is still a private company.

The cables have to run continuous just like your water line or the Cable lines in your neighborhood so it's good that you agree with that. Fiber is passive and does not require frequent access. Normally once setup and any address that is served from that location are connected there is not regular visits or maintenance required.

What Internet service did you use to post this and how would you feel if your neighbor prevented your access? 

Fiber service from any company raises your property value even if you don't want to use it a future would be very happy to have it as an option.

Dave

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I knew in advance they needed to install the fiber cables and figure it’d be a onetime thing. if we are in fact a hub now, at the very least out of common courteous they should have informed us prior.

However, based on what you said (Fiber terminal (2-6) potential customers) this means there were 1 to 5 other houses this potential inconvenient could have been permanently opposed on/asked of first. specifically current AT&T customers as the first option.

Not that it makes a difference at this point but I did attach a picture in case you can confirm if it is a hub.

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

2 years ago

If a four port hub in the back yard with adjoining properties there should be one placed every other house.

The four port would service two houses in front and the two houses in the rear.. think a PLUS sign + where the center is the hub and the four corners are the lots… go over two houses and repeat.

If an 8 port hub then servicing (4) houses in front and (4) on back side resulting in +X+ .

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.