Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
smcross03's profile

• 

2 Messages

Fri, May 6, 2022 2:59 PM

Neighbor has fiber and I do not!

ATT has been installing fiber in my neighborhood for a few months now.  About 2 months ago they completed the install of fiber to the pedestal that services my house and the neighbor behind me.  They activated service for the neighbor behind me (different street) but my address is still showing as “unavailable”.  My assumption is they activate availability based on address and not by the equipment that services a particular address. Is there a way to have att to activate my address based on the equipment wing live and ready to go?

thanks,

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

5K Messages

2 m ago

You can submit an address verification form but it might take awhile to get any response.  Just because there's a terminal between you and your neighbor doesn't mean that logic is in play here.  AT&T fiber deployments defy logic and it's not uncommon for someone to have all the homes across the same street have fiber and they can't.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.2K Messages

2 m ago

Does anyone on your street have fiber available ?

Addresses on a different street may be part of deployment while streets outside the defined area will be waiting for a future upgrade that may or may not happen by 2026.

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

Hello my thoughts,

No, none of the neighbors to the left and right of me have service, just the houses behind me. They are continuing to install fiber through out the neighborhood.  I just happened to be (it appears) at the end of the previous deployment.  Do you know if ATT would be able to add me to the previous deployment based on pedestal placement or is it solely based on address?

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.