For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
H

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, September 9th, 2021 9:51 PM

My neighbor has ATT Uverse. How can I get them to extend it to my house?

My house is at the end of a road. The ATT fiber stops at a hotel which is just before my neighborhood. My neighborhood is an existing subdivision with 30 houses. None of the 30 houses have internet access except satellite (Exede) which is slow and expensive.

Can you help us get ATT fiber extended to the houses in our neighborhood?

My address: [EDITED[ Miller's Cove Road, Walland, TN 37886

Other addresses in my neighborhood without internet range [EDITED] West Miller's Cove Road.

Neighbors who have ATT Internet include:

Blackberry Farm hotel [EDITED] W Millers Cove Rd, Walland, TN 37886

The Family at [EDITED]West Miller's Cove Road, Walland, TN 37886 

I have submitted multiple requests at the ATT online sites and never get a call or email in return. I went to the nearby ATT store and they also submitted a request with no response.

Thanks in advance for any help.

George

[email scrubbed]

[EDITED per Community Guidelines - removed personal information] 

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Ok. There are 30 houses in our neighborhood. $15k would be paid back rapidly.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

3 years ago

@hadleycallaway Last time I ask this but are you going to remove your address and your neighbors address from your original post? The addresses here are of no use because this is a customer forum only, not official AT&T Support, so no one from Support or Internet services will see your post.

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

3 years ago

That would be $15k per house... for 30 house is $450,000 that is not paid back so rapidly.

The company announced in November 2012 that there would be a portion of the footprint (20%-25%) where it is not economical to provide hardwired service. For this portion of ATT footprint the intent is to provide wireless internet using 4G LTE, 5G as available... this is known as a hotspot.

I have not seen anything since then to state otherwise... 80% hardwired 20% wireless.

If use a total customer footprint over the 21 state as 75 million addresses, means 60 million will have hardwired internet service using ADSL2+ (best speed up to 18) or VDSL FTTN (speeds of 25 to 100) and FTTP direct fiber (currently speed of 300, 500, 1000).

End of 2015 with completion of PROJECT VIP, the 3rd of UVERSE build out the generally configuration was 33 million FTTN and 24 million ADSL2+ for total of 57 million hardwired with 18 million wireless or LEGACY DSL to equal 75 million. This occurred from 2006 to end 2015 or over 10 years.

During the 1st stage fiber build out from 2016-2020 ATT provided direct fiber to over 15 million addresses with some coming from all three group areas.

The configuration is around 23 million FTTN (10 million upgraded), 19 million ADSL2+ with 5 million upgraded, and very small amount of non wired received fiber, more likely received ATT FIXED WIRELESS (1.1 million).

The company has stated will provide fiber for another 15 million from 2021 to end 2025 with most again being FTTN upgrades. With average 3 million new fibers each year and 80% being FTTN (2.4 million) means expect Jan 2026 to look something like this... with direct fiber being the leader at about 50% of all hardwired addresses.

30 million FTTP, 12 million FTTN, 18 million ADSL2+, 15 million wireless.

IF currently non wired, am not expecting that to change unless you change your address to one of the 30 million locations that will have fiber available.

Just my thoughts....

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

@hadleycallaway   Listen carefully and follow these instructions....

1.  Go to your ORIGINAL post

2.  Click on the three VERTICAL dots

3.  Choose "Edit"

4.  REMOVE ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION INCLUDING ADDRESSES AND NAMES

Your post has been flagged as "Inappropriate" for the above reason.  Mods will edit your post if you fail to do so.

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

3 years ago

EDIT to previous post...

https://stopthecap.com/2019/05/15/att-expects-to-offer-nationwide-5g-and-fiber-broadband-service-within-3-5-years/

Stephenson told investors he believed 5G will increasingly offer AT&T a choice of technology to deploy when offering broadband service to consumers and businesses. In high-cost scenarios, 5G could be that choice. In areas where fiber is already ubiquitous, fiber to the home service would be preferred.

https://techblog.comsoc.org/2021/03/12/att-provides-update-on-fiber-rollouts-5g-expansion-and-financial-outlook/

if we keep up with that pace, our vision would be to have over half of our portfolio, or 50% of our network, covered by that fiber asset.

https://www.lightreading.com/opticalip/is-atandts-fiber-investment-good-idea/d/d-id/770468

AT&T executives have acknowledged that the operator will deploy its own fixed wireless services in locations where it might not make sense for the company to deploy fiber.

"We believe [fixed wireless] is a nice replacement for some percentage of the data customers that are out there," AT&T CEO John Stankey said at a recent investor event.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2021/08/att-delays-500000-fiber-to-the-home-builds-due-to-severe-fiber-shortage/

"is confident it will achieve the company's target of 30 million customer locations passed by the end of 2025."

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

3 years ago

@skeeterintexas I've tried three times to get the OP to delete the rest of the info in the original post, and gave the same instructions that you did, but apparently it's falling on deaf ears. I sure hope the neighbor's understand why they are getting spam and phish attempts.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

Hopefully the mods will take care of it.  *shrug*

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.