Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
A

• 

10 Messages

Monday, January 31st, 2022 8:50 PM

Closed

Issue getting ATT Fiber order completed

Timeline of events:

1. Late Dec 2021 I ordered ATT Fiber. Order went through with no issue and got a barrage of welcome emails.

2. Next day I get a phone call from an ATT employee saying "there is an active previous account at your address via third party provider. We will need a utility bill from you".

3. I send my utility bill. Get automated email telling me "This may take up to 14 days".

4. Silence ensues. 

5. I check order status late January 2022 "Order cancelled".

6. I call in and neither sales nor technical support can resolve an issue with "a conflict" on my address.

7. I requested sales to call me back with what is the reason for the conflict. Haven't heard anything back for a few days now

8. Check my address on the ATT website and now it says "Fiber is not offered at this address".

I am now thoroughly confused.....surely ordering internet service should not be so difficult? What should be my next course of action?

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Ummm.....is there a DM or similar mechanism I can use? 

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

2 years ago

https://broadbandnow.com

enter your zip code in abovewould list all ISPs for the zip code.

If EarthLink is the only other DSL/ Fiber provider, reselling ATT service  and ATT says an existing business account that is likely who has the address. 

Resellers are described as ENTERPRISE account. 

(edited)

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Yes Earthlink is listed in that website as servicing this zipcode.

Also, ATT told me the current active account is via a third party reseller and let slip that it was Earthlink and today they tell me it is a business account.

I chatted with Earthlink a few days ago and was told quite forcefully by an account rep that this address is not served by them. 

(edited)

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Got a call from an 844 ATT number today. Lady asks me if I am aware that there is an existing account at this address. I responded that I am aware and that I sent a proof of residence (utility bill) on the 7th. Of course the lady had no idea that it was sent. She promised me that someone else will call me with a resolution in a few days. I asked if I could call Earthlink to help get the disconnect moving. She gave me a number ending in 6502 which turns out to be an ATT number. I get through a person who tells me to call sales. I say that never works so he gives me an ATT number ending in 5288 (option 4 to disconnect) and assures me I will be taken care of. I call there and get a prompt telling me to go to www.att.com/disconnectdesk and hangs up. Of course there is no way I can fill out that info.

Called up Earthlink. They said the previous account is 2 year old and inactive. 

My journey continues. 

(edited)

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

@my thoughts @dave006 

Final (hopefully!!) Update:

At the behest of ATT reps, I spoke to Earthlink and they told me the account at this address was already disconnected by them on July 2021 and even gave me a Disconnect Order ID. After multiple phone calls and quite a few hours with various front line ATT reps who could not figure out next steps (I was told the Disconnect Order ID was incorrect) , I was told there was nothing left to do but call the Loyalty department and ask for a cancellation of my accounts. When I called the loyalty department, they said they have the ability to process disconnects and sent in a request (expected turn around of 24 hours). This is apparently a new process instituted over the last 2-3 months. So now I await a call back and scheduling of an install. Fingers crossed!! Been a long journey but hopefully will be worthwhile to move away from my cable ISP data caps.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.