Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Slikster's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Nov 9, 2018 8:08 PM

Is the phone number 844-364-0284 an actual and valid AT&T company phone number?

Hi, I recently ordered phone/TV/fiber from a door to door rep. A got a call from 484-***-**** with a barely understandable, extremely thickly (Indian) accented, speed talking man stating that I should call 844-***-**** in order to give more info to complete my order. I couldn't even understand what company he stated he worked for. A web search led me to this forum where people were asking questions that concerned this number (844-***-****.)

Is this an actual number belonging to AT&T? Is it safe to call them back so that I may complete my order, if something is really missing? Please answer as soon as possible as I only have until tomorrow to cancel and I will feel obliged to cancel if I don't feel safe.

Your Help Always Appreciated!

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

my thoughts

Employee

• 

18.5K Messages

3 y ago

Door to door sales, big box stores sales, some online websites and some ATT retail stores, etc are not ATT employees, but agents for an authorised reseller. In other words commissioned sales force for a contractor representing ATT products and services similar to working with an independent insurance sales agent.

This week the door to door commissioned sales agent could be selling ATT services, next week or month a different company or a product from same company such as ATT home security. 

The company they represent or employed by is who is likely calling you either to up sale additional product or service, or there is a question about your that is preventing completion. Have you received a confirmation email yet about your order with details and pricing?

my thoughts

Employee

• 

18.5K Messages

3 y ago

Online and retail stores are easy to determine if working with ATT employee. If the word authorized is listed then this is a contractor.

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

When i called the number on 11/10/2021 it was associated with Direct TV service. I believe AT&T has partnered with DirectTV or owns it or something.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.