Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Feb 6, 2020 1:54 AM

Is ATT fiber coming to Longview, TX?

I live in Longview, TX where our cable company has had a monoploy for many many many years. Everytime i call in for direct tv stuff I always tell them to suggest coming here because our cable provider is so horrible i'm sure 85 percent of their customers would jump ship. Well my question is for anyone that has information but my city has be under going fiber optic installation. They must install a line running down the highway near my house. ATT owns the phone lines around here and i'm wonder if this is ATT hopefully installing fiber here so that we can have good reasonable internet for a change. Longview, TX 75604!

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

14.5K Messages

2 months ago

Unknown, future plans are not publicly available....

If fiber is currently being installed in your area, need to look for a contractor installing aerial or burial fiber on your street with fiber terminals placed. This process can take 6 to 9 months to complete. Therefore if fiber is on the way, expect 3rd or 4th quarter 2020 before addresses turned green for ordering.

https://broadbandnow.com/Texas/Longview?zip=75604

Shows 90% of addresses in zip code have ATT DSL service available

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

3 Messages

@my thoughts Yes but at a speed of 10 mbps its hardly compeitive or I would be on it. I was just asking cause I'm not sure if the gigapower map is updated. Because my year agreement with the cable company is coming up in a few months and if there was hope I would just go month to month. So far all i've seen is bural fiber with the little orange pole markers for optic cable buried.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

Decided to look at the fiber optic marker pole and it indeed has ATT name on it.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…