For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
JESSICA_H's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, February 10th, 2022 3:34 PM

Internet Concern

I need a technician to come out and see if I can get internet everyone I asked they can't help me. I've been trying to get fiber for 2 years now an d no help.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

That’s not how it works. They do not send out a technician to see if you can get service. Your address is either eligible for service or it isn’t.

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

2 years ago

When checking neighbors addresses online to left and right on same side of street what ATT service is available?

zip code?

is any ATT internet currently available for your address?

ATM about 30% (18 million) of Uverse based hardwired addresses can receive FTTP or direct fiber. The other 70% (42 million) receive either VDSL FTTN (about 23 million) or ADSL2+ (about 19 million).

ATT continues to expand fiber offerings to both new construction (greenfield) and existing (brownfield) at rate of 3 million per year. By 2026 50% of hardwired addresses will be fiber while 50% will have same choices as start of 2022.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

2 years ago

@jessica_woody 

1. Check the fiber availability map to see if your address is listed. If it is, then order service.

2. If the availability map does not show it as available, but neighbors on both sides of you do (same side of street), then call AT&T and request an Address Validation. This has them check database against the local infrastructure. Validation can take weeks at best as other tasks have higher priority.

3. If by the above options internet is determined to not be available, then you must look into other providers. There is not an option to get fiber earlier then scheduled (if ever). AT&T's fiber rollout is private to them.

https://www.att.com/internet/gigapower/coverage-map/ 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.