R

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Nov 16, 2021 5:25 PM

I want high speed internet

Why is it so hard to get high speed internet when fiber is run down the hwy where I live. I got a phone line why can't they run fiber? I need high speed for work. Any suggestions other then (Edited per community guidelines)ty satellite service?

Constructive

Employee

• 

27.9K Messages

7 m ago

fiber running down the hiway is most likeley a fiber backbone that feeds a cell tower or government services like a police dept, hospital , school etc

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.2K Messages

7 m ago

The fastest and most efficient method to have ATT fiber for work is relocating to where the service is already available in apartment, condo or single family house.

ATT is reaching an average of 3 million residential addresses per year since 2016 with expected 30 million coverage by end 2025 or about 50% of all hardwired addresses which is about 60 million.

For the 20% of addresses where not economic feasible to deploy hardwired service (rural, semi-rural low population density) ATT offers HOMEBASE cellular service aka hotspot. 

ATT is not the only company offering hotspots, if cannot receive a good ATT cell connection consider the other options. Satellite may be the best choice, determine that after evaluating other options available. 

• 

2 Messages

7 m ago

Sure let's just pack up and move for internet. Yea that's not happening.  I'll sell my house for 270000 to whoever is looking. Lol

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.2K Messages

7 m ago

Bottom line is where you live is not financially valuable to them to run fiber. Either wait years/decades to see if it might happen, get another provider, or move to where better internet exists are your options.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.