For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
bear6389's profile

5 Messages

Thursday, February 8th, 2024 8:31 PM

Closed

I have one property with 2 homes on it and both need ATT fiber

I currently own a home and there is a one bedroom/bath casita on the property with the  home. My father lives in the casita and I live in the main home. We both want fiber run to our separate homes. How do we do this?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

2 months ago

AT&T limits internet service to one per address.  Does the casita have a separate USPS address?

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

2 months ago

State? Zip code?

ATT offers fiber internet service to over 24 million addresses within 100+ markets in selected areas of 21 states.

https://www.att.com/internet/availability/

Enter your address in above to see if ATT Fiber internet is available, speed tier of 300, 500 and max 1000 is GPON while speed tiers from 300, 500, 1000, 2000 and 5000 is XGSPON. 

One account per legal address.

If the two locations are two different addresses including USPS should be able to schedule.

5 Messages

2 months ago

The casita does not have a separate address and we cannot get one out here. I do need coverage in both places so not sure how we can do this. Currently we have Spectrum with 2 accounts: one for the main home and one for the casita. Is there no way that my dad could establish his own account and I could establish mine?

5 Messages

2 months ago

We ATT Fiber available in the area - already checked it out, but I'm not going to cancel current internet service IF I can't get fiber to both locations. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

2 months ago

Is there no way that my dad could establish his own account and I could establish mine?

ONE account per address.

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

2 months ago

Easiest way is for one of you to keep Spectrum. Or go through the process of whatever it takes to show two different addresses. 

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

2 months ago

Sorry but like many other providers, it is the address that matters no matter how many buildings or 'homes' are on it. You would have to get it recognized as adding a B, 1/2 or other some such designation to count as a separate address.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

2 months ago

How far from the main home is the casita? Best option may be to run outdoor Ethernet cable to the casita and connect to the main home gateway. 

As @spoom2  suggested, start the process of getting 2 separate addresses. 

5 Messages

2 months ago

I will stay with Spectrum. I know it is a ATT rule but they need to learn that not all addresses have one home on them and need to be flexible. Until they learn, I will just stay with current provider. Takes too much to create different addresses and then risk county adding to my property taxes

Funny thing, many of us out here have more than one house on the property so ATT fiber is going to miss out on great business.  Oh, well, that's their problem. 

Thanks for all your input.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

2 months ago

Multiple homes on one property is not new. It is not something they have to learn.

Many companies must abide by the actual address, regardless of how much is on it. Perhaps that is something you need to learn instead of thinking the world needs to change all their processes just to accommodate you.

In the end it is your problem. You either be flexible by getting each home with their own address or use different providers. That is up to you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.