Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
H

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Dec 12, 2021 7:41 PM

How to request fiber?

I live in a good neighborhood with lots of lovely folks who would love fiber. How do we request to AT&T top build fiber out here? There's already some fiber coverage in the town.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.1K Messages

6分前

First question to ask is does ATT currently provide internet service to your neighborhood with 1T data cap, not legacy dsl?

If yes, then ask what is the top speed my address qualifies for… 18 or less or 25+?

Third question is are you willing to wait it move to have the service desired?

ATT needs to be the ILEC offering hardwired internet service. About 80% of addresses within their 21 state footprint have this, 20% do not, and if ATT is not the ILEC cannot be an option. 

Besides new construction developments within footprint, the most likely to be upgraded is FTTN VDSL accounts where fiber is already in the neighborhood to the local VRAD. FTTN offers speeds of 100, 75, 50, 45, 25 depending on card type, single or bonded pair availability and copper distance from the fiber VRAD.

With additional 15 million addresses expected from 2021 to end 2025, I expect about 10 million of the current 23 million FTTN to be upgraded to FTTP. If your address does not currently support internet 25 or higher the chances of receiving fiber are slim.

Willing to wait 5 years to see if part of the next 15 million? 
Or consider other OSP options at current address if not willing to relocate to an address where fiber is already available. Note start of 2021 had 15 million fiber addresses ready but only slightly better than 5 million fiber subscribers leaving 10 million address could have fiber if willing to relocate to one of them.

• 

2 Messages

6分前

This was useless, wow. 

Constructive

Employee

• 

27.4K Messages

6分前

how was it useless he answered pretty much any question you could have had.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.1K Messages

6分前

Did you answer any of the questions?

ATT fiber buildout is planned years in advance before service would be available. I would expect all locations in 2022 and most in 2023 have already been decided with contractors hired to lay fiber.

There is a form on the MDU website for apartment / condo complexes to submit to have their properties evaluated for fiber. If have an HOA the officers could try that method but not guarantee if your subdivision is not MDU (multi dwelling units). 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.