Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

5 Messages

Tue, Jan 7, 2020 9:30 PM

How can I check on the status of my order?

I just purchased a new construction house (but haven't moved in yet) in a well-established neighborhood close to the city center. I figured it was likely fiber was available in my neighborhood. When I try to order it online, and enter my address, I am told service isn't available. However, I suspected this might be because my house is new construction, and isn't "in the system" yet in some sense.

So on December 23, I called AT&T. The woman I spoke to checked and confirmed my suspicions were correct, finding that some of my neighbors do have AT&T service, so it was likely a matter of something needing to be done at street level. She said they would be sending a technician out and that it could take up to 2 weeks. She gave me a ticket number and her first name, and said she would be calling me back within 2 weeks. She even gave me the area code the call would be coming from so I would know to answer.

The 2 week mark was yesterday, and I hadn't heard back, so I tried calling today. First I checked the AT&T website, but none of the toll-free numbers I could find matched the number in my phone log the day I called. I tried calling that number, but just got a non-personal voicemail greeting stating the number I had reached. (I did leave a message.) So then I called the number I found on the AT&T website today, which was (Phone number hidden). Unfortunately, the person I reached didn't seem nearly as knowledgable as the previous person, did not seem to speak English as his first language, and seemed to be following a script. He took my ticket number, checked on it, and told me it had been closed, that my area was "red" meaning service is not available in my area. He said it would be 30 days before they could check again, and gave me a new ticket number. I tried explaining the conversation I had had with the first person on December 23rd, but he didn't seem to understand.

The woman I reached on the 23rd seemed reasonably confident that this would be done. How can I get more information on this or reach someone knowledgable?

Responses

• 

2 Messages

1 month ago

OMG. Coincidence? Nope. I ordered the Internet 1000 service for my home. I made a formal appointment for installation on a given date and time between 11-1 PM during my work week so I worked from home that day. 1:15 PM and no call from AT&T, so I end up calling them to find out the status of my installation. The operator who obviously works in a third world country is assuring me of a tech to arrive albeit he is arriving late from another job. 4 PM comes around and I call their 800 number again. This time the out of country receptionist is telling me that it wont happen today. I keep calm and raise my voice to the operator and we reschedule for another installation date and time from 1-3 PM two days later. Same crap different day. I call them again and now AT&T tells me they did not assign a tech for my home! Strike 2. A third installation date and time is scheduled for 11-1 PM the following week. I take off from work again. This next one takes the cake....A promise to install and make me wait in my home until 8 PM on a Friday night when I could have been out with my family. AT&T service - and the company - very unethical and unprofessional when dealing with its customers and potential customers. No phone call, no ETA, no courtesy. False promises. I'll be taking this issue to the next level unless I can be compensated for my time. I can't imagine what would happen if my internet went down at my home. AT&T to the rescue? I doubt it. Stay away from this company! I hope someone from AT&T corporate reads this review so that someone knowledgeable locally and in the USA can address a customer's concerns!.

Update - 1/7/2020. A 4th No Show and No ca;ll for an 11AM-1PM appoinment today. Again, I missed work to stay home and get this done. 2 PM rolls by....after 5 calls to AT&T customer service, the International Customer service rep again promises that a tech will be at my home by 4 PM and would follow up with a courtesy call to check. No call back. No show by the technician. How more shitty can this company be to former and prospective customers? Absentee Techs & Terrible should be avoided. Cant wait for Verizon 5G to shut down this poorly run business model!

• 

5 Messages

Yeah, it really is insane that there's no way to reach a person in our OWN FREAKIN' COUNTRY by phone. Apparently I really lucked out in getting an obviously English-as-a-first-language-speaking, located-in-America person the first time I ever called. Too bad there's no way to get back in touch with her.