Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
B

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jun 1, 2020 6:57 PM

Gigabit fiber in neighborhood - neighborhood reports gigabit, AT&T ordering says 100mb

I live in a condo association. AT&T was out in my neighborhood in the last year installing fiber. I reached out to my neighborhood manager, who indicated that there should have been gigabit service deployed. When I've contacted AT&T sales through the phone on several occasions, I've been informed that the database indicates that the service is 100mb. There seems to be a disconnect here. The only option the sales team has offered me is signing up for the 100mb plan and "getting upgraded for free when service is available".

Is there any point of contact that I can email or reach out to (regional operations or sales leadership?) to either get an actual confirmation on which service has been installed in our neighborhood, or to impress upon them that there is a business case to actually activate the service in our neighborhood if they are currently not yet pushing gigabit?

Responses

JBayudang

Associated Member

• 

295 Messages

a month ago

Hi. Good day! There's also a way for you to check the available Internet Speed Tiers available in your area.

Go to https://www.att.com/internet/internet-services/ and click "check availability". The website will ask for your address so make sure to input the correct address.
*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

2 Messages

@JBayudang Thanks for your response. I checked the availability and received the same details that I referenced in my post. I have been checking availability since AT&T announced residential gigabit fiber several years ago, and the details in the check availability tool has consistently remained the same, despite the fact that I can see the fiber box in our neighborhood and personally witnessed fiber being deployed.

I was hoping someone at AT&T can either confirm that gigabit is actually available, or help me understand the discrepancy between what my neighborhood management team is reporting and what is on the website.

JBayudang

Associated Member

• 

295 Messages

If the website shows 100Mb, I'm afraid that it's the fastest Internet Speed that's available as of this time. You may call AT&T technical support (855-920-0146) and check with them if there's something that they can do to give you Internet 1000.
*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

a month ago

Att won’t tell you if fiber is coming or when. Feel fortunate that you can get 100 mbps. Many people can only get 25 or less. Put other addresses in the website. If all you see available around you is 100, then there is little chance you’ll het higher speeds.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question