Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
shuyingsha's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 2:41 AM

Get no help with ATT equipment set up and keep receiving bills

On July 27 2022, some local AT&T promotion team came to my house to open a trial account for me. They could not do it on ipad, so they called customer service. Two days later, the equipment (one black box). following the instruction, I failed to install it because it kept asking for a white box plugging on the wall. I called the promotion agent, she was simply not available. later, when I got time, I used online chat to reached out to AT&T, they passed me to technician, but the technician never picked up the phone. 

So two month later, I didn't get issue solved except keeping receiving bills for a service I never registered and never used. 

There is no one help and when I want to cancel the account, they asked me to pay the balance.200 dollars. The agent no longer reachable. I felt that I fall into a trap or cheated.

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I have the same problem, we dropped at&the for T mobile, but for the last year they have still have been billing use $34 a month. When we called them they said we didn't cancel that account, which is (Edited per community guidelines), T mobile took care of all that when we switched over. So anyway we told them to cancel it now which they then told me they couldn't because they didn't have the authority. We went to our bank and put a stop payment on at&t. We're still fighting them on the $400 they owe us.

(edited)

Scholar

• 

3.7K Messages

1 year ago

@shuyingsha 

Two days later, the equipment (one black box). following the instruction, I failed to install it because it kept asking for a white box plugging on the wall. I called the promotion agent, she was simply not available. later,

So you have had a failed "self-install" that a third-party door to door rep sold you on scheduling.

The documentation from your "self-install" kit has information to call 1-800-288-2020 if you needed further assistance.

So two month later, I didn't get issue solved except keeping receiving bills for a service I never registered and never used. 

You authorize a third party to register you for AT&T service. Why did you wait more than 2 months to attempt to resolve this install issue?

Do you really want the service to work or not?

It is very simple to call 1-800-288-2020 and at the Voice prompt just say Failed Install and you will be routed to a Customer Service Rep that can schedule a tech to come out to your location and complete the install.

No 100% clear about the $200 fee since that is an odd amount for a couple of months of service but it most likely is because you never completed the install and failed to return the equipment within 30 days.

Dave

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

i did not wait for two months. i called but could not connect or got cut off in the middle.  

i don't have time to call you the whole day. if faled i might need to find another time to call

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.