Fiber Optic Availability
ATT ran fiber optic down our road over a year ago in Harris County, Tomball, TX. There are pull boxes all along the road. We currently only have poor satellite internet available on our road, so the entire street is desperately waiting for ATT to turn this service on. Why after a year is this still not available to families that are in critical need of internet access for school?
4 months ago
Pics would help, I expect the fiber is heading elsewhere…. Subdivision, cell tower, government, business, school, etc.
Estimate total residential addresses within 21 state footprint is 75 million.
ATT has stated the goal is to reach 30+ million by 2026, which is half the HARDWIRED Uverse platform addresses or about 80% of total. The remaining 20% (15 million) where not economically feasible to provide hardwire service will be cellular 4G LTE, 5G or 5G+.
As state only have satellite service, suggests rural or low population density, the most likely is the fiber is for cellular service. If the markings are slender poles with orange toppings stating fiber, this is just identifiable locators for anyone that may be digging in the area… not residential service as requires both placement of a PFP and fiber terminals on poles or pedestals or hand holes.
As of the 2020 United States census, there were 12,341 people, 4,516 households, and 2,678 families residing in the city.
4 months ago
Thank you for the insight.
While we are currently stuck with satellite internet, it should be noted that Harris county is the third largest county by population in the US, behind LA and Cook (LA and Chicago). So we’re not in rural America here.
Here are some photos of the pull boxes and comms boxes in front of my house and at either driveway beside mine.